Freakin' Autosave!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Killzone
  3. Freakin' Autosave!

User Info: KingOfViolence

KingOfViolence
5 years ago#1
Just got this game from my friend and it's pretty cool, except the autosave feature (which I intentionally turned off) magically turned itself back on during gameplay. I turned it off (again) mid-level and finished. Next level starts, I get killed, IT AUTOSAVES!

This is SO freakin' annoying! Why does it even have an on/off option at all if it just does what it wants? I know this board is pretty dead, but does anybody know what the **** is going on?
Abortion is the cold-blooded, soulless SLAUGHTER of a living human being.
Scientific FACT.

User Info: MiOdd

MiOdd
5 years ago#2
I just started playing this today, haven't noticed any issues yet myself, but I'm just curious as to why you would want to turn off the auto-save?
This couch is the comfiest!

KingOfViolence
5 years ago#3
^I turn it off because I don't want it saving how many times I died. I'd rather start over.
I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm like that sometimes.
It looks like I'll just have to remember to manually turn it off in each new section/level, which honestly isn't so bad now that I'm used to it, but still...
Scientific FACT.

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
5 years ago#4
how are you liking the game? and how would you rank it among the last gen FPS games you've played?

i ask cause i just won a copy on ebay a few minutes ago. i thought my ps2 library could use some more FPS since all i've got are: Half-Life, Deus Ex, and BLACK. ((i have the Timesplitters games for gamecube)). so i'm hoping Killzone will be a worthy addition.

KingOfViolence
5 years ago#5
I actually like it a lot.
I've played Killzone 2 & 3 for PS3 & this is a great start to the series (with the obvious generational differences).
I've heard complaints that it's too hard, & I can see why some say that but it's not overkill (I'm playing on normal) & the challenge actually adds to the fun. Really.
There are eventually multiple characters to choose from & playing through again using each of them adds a lot to the replay value.
KZ & Timesplitters are now my favorite FPS series' ever.
Scientific FACT.

KingOfViolence
5 years ago#6
^^Forgot about ranking it!
For me it's a tie for 1st place between KZ & TS with Black coming next, then Half-life. Haven't played too much Deus-Ex.
But again, that's just me.
Scientific FACT.

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
5 years ago#7
thanks. now i'm really looking forward to playing this.

User Info: Kashmir75

Kashmir75
5 years ago#8
Killzone 1, Red Faction 1, Black, and Timesplitters 2 are my favourite PS2 generation shooters. Still a lot of fun today

User Info: AzumaNaroon

AzumaNaroon
5 years ago#9

Killzone 1, Red Faction 1, Black, and Timesplitters 2 are my favourite PS2 generation shooters. Still a lot of fun today

This. This x10000
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha - Mara Aramov
  1. Boards
  2. Killzone
  3. Freakin' Autosave!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived