Engine Swap Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
  3. Engine Swap Question

User Info: DragoonKnight23

DragoonKnight23
9 years ago#1
What is the best engine swap in this game.

Some say is the L6 Turbo others say its the V8 NA.

I know it depends on the car and its weight and track.

So I just wondering if the experts(if they lurk around the boards could tell me) what is the best engine swap for light cars, medium weight cars, and heavy cars and/or what engine is best for which area?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
"To be forgotten is worse than death." ~Freya Crescent, FF9

User Info: thaandiesel

thaandiesel
9 years ago#2
i have gotten the most out of the l6TT, but everyone has their preference, some people like the stronger torque curve of the v8

User Info: zeleny

zeleny
9 years ago#3
You're correct. Engine swaps affect not just top speed and acceleration, but handling and stamina / edurance. The best engine swap would depend on the particular car and track. I suggest you go to the time attack mode and experiment to test the different engines and see which one gives you the best lap times.

For the C1 inner and outer track using the RX-7 Type RZ (FD), I'm pretty sure the L4 Turbo engine swap is best. I dunno if I can generalize this with other cars of similar class and weigh though.
  1. Boards
  2. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
  3. Engine Swap Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived