What is the difference between Gold and Yellow?!?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
  3. What is the difference between Gold and Yellow?!?

User Info: Nintendocrzd

Nintendocrzd
9 years ago#1
Honestly, I can't figure this out. I bought the game used so I don't have an instruction booklet, and after looking in almost all of the FAQs for this game I STILL couldn't figure it out. I'm assuming that one is harder than the other, but I don't know which and I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"I invented eating, you know. Singlehandedly solved starvation. That's how I got voted into the office of king."

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
9 years ago#2
Gold is an option for the Special Edition game(and is used in the JP version). Normally in Yellow when you die you must either restart the level, or use a Yellow Orb as a continue, placing you at a nearby checkpoint. In Gold mode you can continue an infinite number of times. Or, you can use a Gold Orb to refill your health bar and continue fighting(think of it as multiple lives in an arcade game).
"I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
*use the Search function on the boards*

User Info: Nintendocrzd

Nintendocrzd
9 years ago#3
Ahhh, gotcha. Thank you very much! I was surprised that I couldn't easily find this information posted in any of the site's guides, though. Hm. Anywho, thanks again.
"I invented eating, you know. Singlehandedly solved starvation. That's how I got voted into the office of king."

User Info: Food_Nipple

Food_Nipple
9 years ago#4

It basically boils down like this:

gold mode: hard

yellow mode: hard and frustrating

1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
  3. What is the difference between Gold and Yellow?!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived