changing the PC's voice mid-game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. changing the PC's voice mid-game?

User Info: EnspyroN

EnspyroN
7 years ago#1
is there any way? i really hate my character's voice but i dont want to restart. i was thinking maybe it is possible to rename some voice files?

User Info: icefaii

icefaii
7 years ago#2

Probably doable. Have you tried switch the names of the voice file? You can always go back by making a back up copy if something goes wrong..

User Info: giocare

giocare
7 years ago#3
Go under Dragon Age/packages/core/audio/vo/en-us/vo and look for your voice file, for example if you chose human male violent it would be ss_pc_mhuman_violent.fev and ss_pc_mhuman_violent.fsb, either delete them or rename them to one of the different voice files.

User Info: EVOLV3

EVOLV3
7 years ago#4

When do you even hear his voice?

User Info: someone

someone
7 years ago#5
More than half the time you ask him to access a door, open a chest, interact with an object, and in battle.

I assume you mistook your character's voice for one of your teammates, because it speaks often. Almost annoyingly so.
GT: lJustAlexl
(those are lowercase Ls)

User Info: justoxx2

justoxx2
7 years ago#6
I made the same mistake the TC probably did, and since i dont want to start over either i tried to change the files around. Bad idea. now all the the manipulated files have stopped working, when i create a character now 3 of the voices/animations are practically absent. No sound, no animation. only the untouched voice files work.

Dunno why but I cant seem to revert this back to default now, but i geuss its better than listening the the really out of place voice in the first place.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. changing the PC's voice mid-game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived