Cannot find "DAUpdater.xml" file. (Help Please)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Cannot find "DAUpdater.xml" file. (Help Please)

User Info: tn320

tn320
8 years ago#1
I have been trying to download a few of the addons but I keep getting this message. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

User Info: Sorgenkammer

Sorgenkammer
8 years ago#2
You have to run DAupdater.exe inside of your X:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship, and then browse to the addon files.

I too tried to run them ;x
Roses are green, violets are yellow
Also, I'm colorblind.

tn320
8 years ago#3
Thanks.

tn320
8 years ago#4
Ok now I have the updater on and downloaded the mod I want. But I think the next step is to open it with the update but I cannot figure out how to do that. I am trying to get this mod to work http://social.bioware.com/project/469/

User Info: Adeadguy

Adeadguy
8 years ago#5
Go into the \Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship like Sorgen said, then run DAUpdater.xml. Then just click and drag the addon onto the updater.
Sig

tn320
8 years ago#6
I think the problem is that I can't figure out where it downloads too and when you download it it doesn't give you an option on where to download.

tn320
8 years ago#7
Thanks for the help so far. If anyone else can answer my last question I would appreciate it.

User Info: FatalJustice

FatalJustice
8 years ago#8

I've searched my entire hard disk and I dont have a DAUpdater.xml. Is this because I'm using the EA direct download version?

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
8 years ago#9
It's .exe, not .xml.
PSN - Srikar
Level Design Portfolio - http://www.jasongraddy.com

User Info: Pendragon_III

Pendragon_III
8 years ago#10
You have to run DAupdater.exe inside of your X:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship, and then browse to the addon files.

I too tried to run them ;x

Holy crap, X drive.

o.o

Just how many drives do you have?
"It reminds me of Chernobyl, not of a nuclear disaster." CommunismFTW on Fallout 3
"its was one of the most fps this 2001" GoodOlJr on Halo
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Cannot find "DAUpdater.xml" file. (Help Please)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived