Money Problems (Cheat)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Money Problems (Cheat)

User Info: J180864B

J180864B
7 years ago#1

After pressing the Tilde button I put in the cheat "runscript zz_money 999999999999' and then press enter, at the bottom left hand side of the screen it comes up with a figure 21369857 gold (something like this) and when I goto Inventory I see there is only -49 in gold. What is going on, can someone help me in resolving this problem.:question:

User Info: Ghennkins

Ghennkins
7 years ago#2
There might be a cap on the max gold you can have and you're probably exceeding it by a lot.

Do you really need that much gold anyway?

try 100000. I think that's an even 1k gold which should last a while. When you run out just do the runscript again.

If you're trying to fix the negative display, you'll probably need to revert to an older save.

User Info: MBO-Sephy

MBO-Sephy
7 years ago#3
Why that much? Enter 50000000, that'll give you 5k Gold...more than enough for this game AND Awakening combined, if you decide to use the same cheated character there.

User Info: uzumaki66666

uzumaki66666
7 years ago#4
The game is probably confused as to why you're using cheats for such a pittance. Try adding more numbers.
#3 Florida Gators 13-1 [8-1] Sugar Bowl Champs!
Minnesota Vikings - Orlando Magic - Tampa Bay Lightning - Tampa Bay Rays

User Info: GreyWolf_33

GreyWolf_33
7 years ago#5
Yeah, I made this mistake. I wanted to have enough money and just put too many zeros and it just completely destroys your money supply. Just reload from a point before you hacked the money.
Used to be Vryllyn33... Then the 49ers got Spanked 45-10. Now, he is no more.

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
7 years ago#6
Don't add such a large number.
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/297/keyboardwut.jpg

User Info: J180864B

J180864B
7 years ago#7

I agree with all of you, I was putting in a very large number indeed. Thank you.:D

User Info: RegisterHell

RegisterHell
7 years ago#8

What is probably happening is that the binary representation of 999,999,999,999 is setting the most significant bit to a 1, which ends up being interpreted as a negative number. And serve you right.

It would be interesting to know where the break point is. Pure guess on my part, but I'd guess possibly 2,147,483,647 ?

But why bother when a full load of dust from the Mage's Tower quartermaster and a trip to the Gnawed Noble tavern sets you up for the rest of the game, without cheating, anyway ? (Provided you've worked at the herbalist skills of course.) Sort of takes the challenge away if you get rich too soon, doesn't it ?

1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Money Problems (Cheat)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived