Any mods to safely change your race / origin?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Any mods to safely change your race / origin?

User Info: VenomousX

VenomousX
3 years ago#1
(Spoilers) I mistakenly thought ANY noble would be able to marry Alistair, so I made a dwarf noble and went on my happy way. But I guess it's only humans =/

I know there's a mod that lets anyone marry him, but I want it to be as legitimate as possible (for example at the end of the game, I hear that the game tells you what happens to your character. I.e. a dwarf can become a paragon. Will my game show me that ending? Will it reflect that I married Alistair at all?)

Ideally I'd like a mod that can make my game think that I legitimately started as a human instead, even changing the look of my character to human. Taking out all conversational references to me ever having been a dwarf, and replace them with the human noble options. I realize this is probably impossible or really hard to accomplish, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.
3DS FC: 0576-3975-0897 -- [IGN: Zoey]
Steel Safari (Metang, Ferroseed, Klefki)

User Info: Ticking_Death

Ticking_Death
3 years ago#2
It would be much easier to mod the game so that Alistiar will romance any race, though I don't know off-hand if such a mod exists.

To do what you're asking would take even more effort than just starting another playthrough, so if you can't find anything on the Nexus or Google, it probably doesn't exist.
MSI Z87-G45 ATX LGA1150 | i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair XMS 1x8 GB DDR3-1600 | Win7 Ultimate
Using a bow sure has its drawbacks. :V

VenomousX
3 years ago#3
There is a mod that lets you marry Alistair as any race (I mentioned it in my original post) but I was worried I wouldn't get the full / legitimate experience with it (maybe someone who's used it can chime in?).

And I would be fine starting a new game, except that I'm already like 40 hours in =/

User Info: ranagrande

ranagrande
3 years ago#4
Get the mod "MetaGame Items" as it can do exactly what you're asking for.

VenomousX
3 years ago#5
Great thanks for the heads up! Just to confirm, there won't be too many issues using it?

VenomousX
3 years ago#6
Decided to give it a shot. On my character sheet is says that I'm a human noble, but I still look like a dwarf (That's fine I guess). I'm a little worried though since Gorim is still talking to me like he knows me, guess I'll have to wait and see if the marriage goes through to make sure it worked.

VenomousX
3 years ago#7
It worked fine, thanks again :)

User Info: ranagrande

ranagrande
3 years ago#8
The marriage should work out just fine. You'll run into some weirdness in Orzammar because your character will have flags that no longer match your origin, but it shouldn't be anything game-breaking.

The only origin that really does have issues to switch out of or into is the Tower of Magi. And that's only because a lot of things in the game are coded to look at the Mage class instead of the Mage origin.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Any mods to safely change your race / origin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived