Remade as 2H Warrior -- Nightmare

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Remade as 2H Warrior -- Nightmare

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
2 years ago#1
I started as a Mage and realized I didn't like the mage mechanics in this game as much as others. So, just after finishing the initial mage story, I remade as a Human 2H warrior. I haven't looked as any guides and plan to just pick the skills that same fun and see what happens.

That said, I'm running into a problem. I'm just about to go into the Tower of Ishal, and I have no healing items. Is there a place to buy them, or the materials to make them at this point in the game?

I'm pretty sure I'd be fine if I wasn't on Nightmare, but I take so much damage with each hit and I'm not sure how to actually avoid an arrow or such.

Advice?
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: ranagrande

ranagrande
2 years ago#2
The quartermaster as Ostagar has a few healing poultices for sale.

With good strategy and tactics, you can make it through the tower without needing any, even on nightmare.

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
2 years ago#3
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm attempting the tower with nothing, figuring I wanted a challenge. I'll head back if I feel like I must, but I realized that if I just run up and attack the enemy, I could easily go through two or three per engagement and they won't last long if I keep that up. So, I need to change my tactics, just trying to figure out how right now.
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: bionicman_3090

bionicman_3090
2 years ago#4
You get a Mage and a Tower Guard who has a Xbow as your party members along with Alistair. Unless you're trying to solo the game on Nightmare, there's really no worry at all. Just press H (which I think is the default key to make your party hold their positions) and lure the melee enemies with the Xbow. Thin the herd and take out the remaining with your full force.
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Remade as 2H Warrior -- Nightmare

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Newbie helpSSJ3Chris119/25 6:15PM