Playing Minish Cap on a DS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: wccanard

wccanard
6 years ago#1
Sorry, this is a total noob question. I've played every Zelda console game to completion, and not a single handheld Zelda game. The reason I've played every Zelda console game to completion is that they are all, in one way or another, playable on a Wii (via VC for N64 and before, and via "stick the disc in" for GC).

I am thinking of getting a DS---my first handheld. I know Minish Cap is for the GBA. I know that some DS's have GBA slots. So here's the easy question: if I want to play Minish Cap do I have to get hold of an actual cartridge and buy a DS with a GBA slot? Or can I download it a la Wii VC somehow?

User Info: Jayboeman

Jayboeman
6 years ago#2
Good choice, Minish Cap is probably one of the better handheld Zelda games. However, I'm afraid you'll have to buy s DS or DS lite and the Minish Cap cartridge separately. I think the only place you can probably buy Minish cap is EBay (which will be a bit expensive no doubt) unless you find it second hand elsewhere. Unfortunately no GBA games are available for the VC. =(

I'm not a fan of emulators but I suppose you can download it somewhere for a GBA emulator on PC.
Et Du... or is it Ed Tu...????

User Info: wccanard

wccanard
6 years ago#3
I wondered whether there was some sort of "DS version" of VC, where I could download old Gameboy or GBC or GBA games. Aah boo to that if there isn't. I'm not a big fan of handheld games---I can't imagine I could get as immersed in these games as I have done in several console Zelda games. I guess I have the same question about Link's Awakening and the Oracle of blah games. I would happily have paid a few quid to Nintendo to play these on a DS---looks like I will be emulating away...

User Info: Jayboeman

Jayboeman
6 years ago#4
I hope nintendo do eventually release GB games for the VC, Never played Oracle of seasons or ages, Ah well, can only hope. :P
Et Du... or is it Ed Tu...????

User Info: ShinyAlchemy

ShinyAlchemy
6 years ago#5
If your still interested, you can buy the game used like I did a couple weeks ago here:
http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/Video-game/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Minish-Cap-Used/e/2000003113217/?itm=8
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen; that we passed chickens in goodness?" -George Carlin

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived