Help me get better at this game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 64 DS
  3. Help me get better at this game

User Info: jksteiner1974

jksteiner1974
3 years ago#1
I've been a gaming freak for over 25 years. I've got a list of speedrun accomplishments that I'm very proud of, I typically complete new games within 1-5 days of release with 100% completion, and consider myself an avid gamer. BUT - for reasons I can't quite pin down, I can't beat this game. I remember buying it when it was brand new for N64, and hating the camera so bad that I gave up. Years later I dusted it off and tried again, but had the same results. Then when they remade it for NDS, I had read that they improved the camera so I tried it again. I still stink at it. The controls and camera seem, well, awful. SMG 1 & 2 both felt great, and I loved those games. I 100%ed both of them more than once with no problems. But with SM64, I'm terrible. A friend of mine who loves the game told me that I'm trying to play it too fast, so I slowed down. Still awful. I spend more time trying to get the camera to look where I want it to look, and trying to get my character to move the way I want him to, than actually playing at a point where I'm enjoying the experience. The camera is always off, the controls feel clumsy to me. What am I doing wrong?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 64 DS
  3. Help me get better at this game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived