The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

how do I re battle people

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. how do I re battle people

User Info: smallpoxx

smallpoxx
7 years ago#1
when i call to battle them I just get some lame conversation about a wingull or something.
Xboxlive GT: Smallpoxx17 Playing: GTA: IV, Doom, alien Hominid. email for doom or AH games..

User Info: Darth Mom

Darth Mom
7 years ago#2
Try repeatedly entering and exiting their area. Check periodically to see if they're offering a battle. Trainer's in my game rarely call to offer a battle, and never offer a battle if I try and call them.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the hell happened?"

User Info: smallpoxx

smallpoxx
7 years ago#3
kind of a lame feature then. So if I want to challenge a gym leader or something I should just walk in and out talking to them each time until I battle?
Xboxlive GT: Smallpoxx17 Playing: GTA: IV, Doom, alien Hominid. email for doom or AH games..

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC
7 years ago#4
No check your Match Call in the PokéNav, it will show a Square "Pokéball Symbol" next to the name if they want to battle you.

For normal Match Call Trainers it randomly checks to see if they want a battle with you everytime you enter the route they are on.

Gym Leaders, is not quite the same, Some people claim if you keep entering and exiting their town a Gym Leader will rebattle you, I have a different theory and have not proven this yet, but I believe they work on a step system for checking rebattles, Similar to how egg production works. When I get rebattles with gym leaders a lot of times I have not step foot in their town in weeks.

PS Darth Mom is a WOman
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again
(='.'=)

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC
7 years ago#5
Ignore that part about Darth Mom, I got my topics confused, allshaq in another topic called her a Man and i thought it was this one when i was typing
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again
(='.'=)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. how do I re battle people

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived