Crosshair color?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ray Gun

Ray Gun
8 years ago#1
I use 10000 for my crosshair size, but I find on many maps that are bright I cannot see where it is, especially on de_dust or de_dust2.

Is there anyway I can make the colors darker or some other option besides using a bigger size to correct this?
...[He] pulls out forgotten dignity from under his flaking coat,
And walks a straight line along the crooked world. - Excerpt from Obama poetry

User Info: supernite

supernite
8 years ago#2
EXPO markers FTW!
http://www.dota-league.com/upload/user/160844.gif
Also, as far as Linux, what's the real difference between regular and Ubuntu? - JonSan

User Info: Ray Gun

Ray Gun
8 years ago#3
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: thaandiesel

thaandiesel
8 years ago#4
i still have the dot on my screen from scout training, between that and a yellow crosshair, i can aim properly

User Info: Emericaonline

Emericaonline
8 years ago#5
To darken it try.

cl_crosshairalpha 1000 or something and
cl_crosshairusealpha 1

That pretty much darkens it.
Usually the usealpha is used for transparency but the larger alpha number makes it darker.

gl hf Golden Deagle

User Info: iscareu13

iscareu13
8 years ago#6
trust me when i say this. I used to use a 16000 crosshair ( same size as yours ). I used it for almost a year.

Smallest crosshair i would dare use now is 3000. Anything smaller i lose to often on maps like dust2.
Q6600 ( 2.4ghz ) | 4GB 800mhz | 9600gt - 512 mb | 750W PSU | Razer keyboard + Microsoft Mouse | 19" Samsung - 1440x900

User Info: thaandiesel

thaandiesel
8 years ago#7
i agree, ive used much higher number before and didnt really like it too much. 3500 still expands a little when i shoot, but still lets me "feel" my bursts.

User Info: DrPepper23x

DrPepper23x
8 years ago#8
I use 5000 and it works perfectly for me.

The crosshairs expand just slightly so I can "feel" my bursts as well, and it is ultra accurate and great. It's also easier to see in bright maps, but still small enough where it does its job.

I got booted by a mod in a server because he said I was cheating when I was raping after switching to 5000. lol

Try it out and see for yourself.
The Official Gears 1 & 2 & CoD3 Achievement Glitcher Guy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived