anyone else pissed that

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: cradle_emperor

cradle_emperor
7 years ago#1
they changed excellens face potraits from OG1?

I'm always bothered by that freaky smirk face..

User Info: Yokoso

Yokoso
7 years ago#2
Well, no, i'm more pissed at the fact that OG2 sucks monkey's balls compared to OG1. Basically its worse at every single thing except animations.

User Info: SolGravion

SolGravion
7 years ago#3
Be glad that this game provides different facial portraits at all. None of the other portable SRWs (those that aren't OG related) don't have them.

Well, no, i'm more pissed at the fact that OG2 sucks monkey's balls compared to OG1. Basically its worse at every single thing except animations.

Except that you'd be the minority considering the fact that the rest of the world loves everything about OG2 such as Ibis, the Chokijin, Daizengar, Aussenseiter, Alteisen Riese, etc etc.
We must formulate keikaku. "Keikaku" means plan! - Argosy Captain

User Info: AlexEternalCham

AlexEternalCham
7 years ago#5

LMAO, you sir claiming that OG2 is worse than OG1 are a dumbass :D.

Not only that OG1 is not overall better than OG2 but is not better at anything. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ABOUT OG2 is MUCH BETTER. The only thing that one could understand considering better is the story since both have good stories and since people tend to have different tastes u can understand one liking a story over the other THOUGH the story in OG2 is superior as well :D

Difficulty is greater

Gameplay has more depth

More Characters

Better cast of characters

Better Graphics

Better Animations

and the list goes on :)

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
7 years ago#6
im on mission 25 (OG2) and for the most part I like everything the same or better

I do really wish that things would "settle down" at some point (I swear it really IS jumping all over the place like one of you told me it would a few weeks ago), but on the other hand I've handled it up to this point so I guess things are still alright.

Maybe its just how THE MISSION OBJECTIVE IS A LIE IN EVERY SINGLE MISSION I'VE PLAYED SO FAR, but OG2 is a little less straight-forward than any other SRW I've tried

User Info: red255

red255
7 years ago#7
The Problem I have with OG2 is pretty much every of the first 30 or so missions is pretty much tutorial/story telling. Needing SOOO many missions to get the DC to join you and only having like 10 remaining missions to play with them.

Seolla especially was SUCH a tease. she almost joins like 4 times before she actually joins. I feel Seolla should have joined on the mission you get the Wurger. it just felt more RIGHT. You'd still have Ouka and the machine children to have as enemies. you don't need MC Seolla.

True love should beat Mind Control.

biggest flaw with OG2. The other flaw being depending on what route you choose you miss half the story.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
7 years ago#8
yeah, Bullet and Kusuha just joined with some crazy mech

In my intermission menu or whatever its called, I saw two new strong, dull, high-HP mechs with Bullet and Kusuha in them, and I don't recall any explanation whatsoever. Then during the next fight, I couldn't even use them (mostly a pre-deployed map or whatever), and the mission after that it's as if they've been on my team forever, and it took me a minute or two to determine what exactly had happened. Then Kyosuke and some other characters go on about events that are way over my head, but I was really shocked when I realized that the "new" mech I get (Bullet/Kusuha's) is first available to me in the same mission that appears to be the SRX and the R-Gun's debut.

I was a little pissed.
But then I realized I had an SRX and an R-Gun that Villeta seems content with piloting (although I suspect Mai will be auto-deployed in it on several occasions), so it's alright, I guess.

User Info: Kaiser99

Kaiser99
7 years ago#9
Mai will be auto-deployed in the R-Gun in a couple stages, for the other stages you have free control on who you want in there. You can even put in El---er, Ratsel, if you want to.

Of course, only Viletta or Mai will let you use the HTB Cannon combo.

User Info: red255

red255
7 years ago#10
The early R-gun can equip 3 parts later R-guns can equip 2 parts. the 2 part R-gun is the final version of the R-gun.

useful to know if you already purchased its FUB you'd need to reselect it when you get the 2 part R-gun.

I prefer Villeta in the R-Gun. Villeta has awesome will gains and if you got the graviton launcher is close to 50 kills by now. 130 Will 70 EN HTB cannon (less damage but her gunfight brings it up so its like 8200 vs 8800)

whereas Mai has average will gains, She starts with 0 kills, so its a LONG way to her ace bonus and requires 140 Will 110 EN to use the HTB cannon. Mai has TK so she can use the Boomerang attack. but its not like you can't give the R-gun something like a M-950 machinegun or something for villeta to use..

Villeta is just a very good pilot.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived