How were the secrets found ? The requirements are quite... mystic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. How were the secrets found ? The requirements are quite... mystic.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
7 years ago#1
I'm betting all my chips on the official strategy guide.

Or maybe there were hints in the instruction booklet ? Never had it.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five (Groucho Marx)

User Info: red255

red255
7 years ago#2
Huckebein Mk.III R

No idea why you'd want a Huck that doesn't fly when you could have TROMBE!

01Lamia's Secret Robots

Ash Saber's pretty simple, just pay attention to the dialog and well USE lamia. and don't ATTACK axel.

the other one I guess you'd be trying for the ashsaber and mess up?

Gespenst Mk.II S

Just use Kai.

Wild Wuerger L

Just use Arad.

Special Stage Scenario

Same as other games.

Stealth Wing

Either suck alot or don't suck.

2nd Soul of Steel & 2nd Mark of Brave

Same as last game.

Boost Hammer

Don't use Radha because you dont want to and just use Arado cuz you are hogging kills for him.

G impact stick & New Chaguramu Shooter

you think Ratsel and Sangers new units suck. get rewarded for noting the obvious.

etc.

Not sure what you mean.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

Salocool
7 years ago#3
My question concerns a more specific point : how did players came to know that x pilot needed x amount of kill to obtain a new mech or weapon ?

I can't see how anybody would figure that without any external support.

Are there hints in the booklet concerning the secret stuff ?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five (Groucho Marx)

User Info: red255

red255
7 years ago#4
My question concerns a more specific point : how did players came to know that x pilot needed x amount of kill to obtain a new mech or weapon ?

55 Kills is a pretty universal number 5 more kills than ace bonus.

the specific pilot is Lamia for the Vysaga/Ashsaber because its her mech.

and Arado because its a wurger.

Ratsel needs less kills because he gains kills when outside of your party so by the time you get him back those kills will have reached the required amount.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

Salocool
7 years ago#5

Somebody else on this board ?

User Info: Yokoso

Yokoso
7 years ago#6
"I'm betting all my chips on the official strategy guide."

Thats a large part of it. When playing a japanese game - keep in mind that guide books are still mandatory in many cases. When someone makes a stupid video on youtube of a game with a really obscure goal - they rage about not having a clue about what to do, but they fail to understand that its a Japanese mentality. Guide books are mandatory.

Also, there are people who simply hack resource files and read the code.

And finally, there are simply nerds. Complete nerds without any semblance of a life, who will play through the game 10 times in 1 week, and will pick up on trends and connect the dots.

Salocool
7 years ago#7
Japanese mentality ; that's an interesting point.
I may look into the matter for my own information.

While on the subject, do the guide books in Japan also contains information on its development and creative team ? That would make them even more valuable to possess (and a bit more interesting).
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

User Info: SolGravion

SolGravion
7 years ago#8
While on the subject, do the guide books in Japan also contains information on its development and creative team ? That would make them even more valuable to possess (and a bit more interesting).

No. There may be the occassional interview with say the game producer 'X' and/or "insert name of big shot game developer here" but it isn't always a given.

Dispite that, SRW guide books tend to provide a crapton of information.

- Basics section (game flow, gameplay, tips, menu explanation, spirit commands, unit/pilot special attributes, formulas, etc)
- Scenario breakdown section (scenario maps, enemy formations, obtainable spoils, etc)
- Database (stats for every character/enemy unit and machine)
- Secrets (obtainable secrets; sometimes this section can be pulled out of the book)
- Misc stuff (100% character/robot database listings, character/mecha artwork, interviews, other official goodies)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. How were the secrets found ? The requirements are quite... mystic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived