How good is SRX?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
7 years ago#1
I just got to Mission 40 in OG2 and I have yet to see a running boss kill for a BM.
I wonder if Ex-Hard is similar (really hard at first, totally manageable later). I'll probably start it later today, since these missions are getting really easy. They all go the same way:

Random pilots are pre-deployed, then I deploy my own units.
Masaki and Lune on forward-leftmost and forward-rightmost positions, both with 1x megabooster and 1x apogee motor
Ring also up front, diagonal from Carla, both with SP Drink parts (although I haven't used any yet)
SRX team kind of close together, but not too important where (SRX with solar panel and apogee, R-Gun with generators)
Latooni and Radha somewhere (also with SP Drinks), and no one else matters

Turn 1:

Aya/Rai move and/or combine into SRX.
Ryusei moves next to Ring and Carla.
Villeta moves next to Ring and Carla.
Carla uses Rouse x3
Ring uses Rouse x0 or x1
Masaki (top ace) uses Spirit, Valor, Focus, then tries to Cyflash some enemies
Lune uses Spirit, Spirit, Valor, Strike, then tries to Psyflash some enemies
Radha uses Enable on Ryusei
Radha uses Enable on Villeta
Aya uses Alert; Rai uses Valor, Strike, Accel; Ryusei uses Zeal
Villeta uses accel, alert, strike
Ryusei moves toward boss
Villeta moves toward boss
Latooni uses Enable on Villeta
Ryusei moves toward boss again
Villeta moves toward boss again
Latooni uses Enable on Ryusei
Ryusei uses HTB Cannon (~145-150 Will, depending on first turn kills by Masaki/Lune or other pilots)
Rai Valor, Aya Alert, Ryusei uses HTB Cannon
Ring uses Enable on Ryusei
Aya Valor, Aya Alert, Ryusei uses HTB Cannon
Lefina uses Hope on Latooni
Aya Valor, Aya Alert, Ryusei uses HTB Cannon

Boss dead on Turn 1

If I can level up ryusei one or two more times, he can use Zeal twice, which lets me get another HTB Cannon off, which means five of them on Turn 1 instead of just four. If I have Villeta move by herself instead of getting 135-145 Will from Ring/Carla, I get another enable off on Ryusei, but I'm always afraid of reinforcements or something so I just play it safe and get both of them to 150 Will from the beginning. Further modifications can be made if boss cannot be reached. I have SRX with an apogee motor to keep up with villeta, and masaki/lune don't actually need to MAP on turn 1, especially since lune runs out of SP if she maps three turns in a row that way, and usually you can't hit much, if anything on Turn 1 without an enemy phase to help gather units together. So megaboosters can be put on SRX and R-Gun in favor of the EN parts, since supplying them is not really an issue with Aya, although it might cut into the number of Valors if I can get Ryusei to zeal twice.

So after successfully doing that (even though more bosses show up and you have to destroy all enemies anyway), I decided to try something new just to see if it could be done. I deployed my units just like I described above, but I did not use the SRX (despite it having 150 Will). Instead, I used Masaki and Lune to clear the grunts in the first few turns, keeping everyone else in their deployed positions. Then I moved my resuppliers (Lune and Villeta) next to Masaki, who is very close to the boss, and had each of them Alert. Then on my next turn, I unloaded Cosmo Nova after Cosmo Nova (150 Will, only upgrades on Cybuster being a few clicks of mobility) until the boss died.

Maybe the SRX isn't (nearly) as broken as I thought... because this part of the game is just about as easy even without it, apparently.
Although a Turn 1 boss kill is pretty amazing...
... yeah.

User Info: Volcanon2

Volcanon2
7 years ago#2
SRX has always been high damage output for high cost. In Alpha 1 he can one-shot the last boss.

User Info: Yokoso

Yokoso
7 years ago#3
"In Alpha 1 he can one-shot the last boss."

Riiiight. Only if you specifically go out of your way to recruit all the secret pilots with Fear & Daunt, and train them to be able to cast it at least once. I wouldnt say that SRX can just smash the boss alone.
But if you recruit all those pilots - there is even no point in SRX whatsoever, you can just launch it to charm Ingram and he has Spirit & Zeal, BOOM, two hit combo will take out boss anyway.
Yeah...Alpha...

User Info: MarsDragon

MarsDragon
7 years ago#4
It's not really hard to one-shot the final boss in Alpha. The main character can do it on the super route with the right birthday. I hear Dancougar can do it if you unlock the secret final attack. And even if that fails...well, Alpha still isn't that hard.

Though it is impossible to two-shot Euzeth. He regens something like four times when he gets under 70% or so health. The second minimum number of shots is six. (four to use up the regens, two to kill)
So many books, so little time.
http://www.livejournal.com/community/cv_fanfic/

User Info: red255

red255
7 years ago#5
He regens something like four times when he gets under 70% or so health. The second minimum number of shots is six. (four to use up the regens, two to kill)

uh.

if he regens at 70% simply shoot him for 29%, then hit him for 71% for a two shot kill.

or is that simply impossible?
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: MarsDragon

MarsDragon
7 years ago#6
...I guess it's possible, but that's enough effort that it's probably easier to just get the damn R-Gun. All it takes to unlock at least Viletta is making sure Ryusei goes after Ingram, which is pretty easy. (unless you're like me and just one-shot him with a Valored Doomblade. Great moment, regretful decision) You'd still have to Daunt him down so Stoner Sunshine or whatever you're using will hit for 71%, and you'd have to very carefully chip him to get the right amount of damage without him regenning. I'd rather just prepare a bit in advance.
So many books, so little time.
http://www.livejournal.com/community/cv_fanfic/

User Info: SolGravion

SolGravion
7 years ago#7
Riiiight. Only if you specifically go out of your way to recruit all the secret pilots with Fear & Daunt, and train them to be able to cast it at least once. I wouldnt say that SRX can just smash the boss alone.
But if you recruit all those pilots - there is even no point in SRX whatsoever, you can just launch it to charm Ingram and he has Spirit & Zeal, BOOM, two hit combo will take out boss anyway.
Yeah...Alpha...

Um, no.

- Ryusei fights Ingram at least once on the scenario he becomes an enemy.
- On the same scenario, destroy Ingram's R-Gun is before he withdraws.
- Make no effort to recruit Levi at all. [You can take any route split you wish.]
- Have 40+ Skill Points before Scenario 61.

That's all you have to do to obtain Viletta and the R-Gun Powered.

The Ichigeki Hissatsu Hou is Alpha's strongest attack. Fully upgraded its Base Atk Power stands at 7500. You do not have to spam 'Exhaust' or 'Fear' to finish Euzeth off. All that does is make things that much easier (no Telekinetic Field or Bunshin to worry about) and increases the damage differential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uly10WJh6kY

Video of SRX one-shotting Judecca. The person that made the video reduced Euzeth's morale down to 50. But even without doing that he would've cleared the Judecca's 65k HP easily.

MarsDragon | Posted 11/25/2010 11:55:28 PM | message detail
It's not really hard to one-shot the final boss in Alpha. The main character can do it on the super route with the right birthday. I hear Dancougar can do it if you unlock the secret final attack. And even if that fails...well, Alpha still isn't that hard.

It's been a while since I played Alpha, but I don't recall the Dankuukougaken being that high enough in base attack power to pull that off. The combination of Aggressive Beast and Hot Blood aren't enough to pull off that kind of damage. Gunbuster and Daitarn 3 should be capable (with a little help)...as Noriko and Banjo both at very high levels can learn Soul. Any main character with Sacrifice (soul w/critical damage) can exceed a fully upgraded Ichigeki Hissatsuhou in damage.

User Info: Yokoso

Yokoso
7 years ago#8
"That's all you have to do to obtain Viletta and the R-Gun Powered. "

What does that have to do with anything i said ?

"The person that made the video reduced Euzeth's morale down to 50. But even without doing that he would've cleared the Judecca's 65k HP easily. "

Easily ? Proof ? With 50-150 he did 77000 out of 65000, which is not even a 20% increase. And you say that without reducing his will its still possible to one-shot him with that attack ? I'm quite skeptical of that claim.

User Info: SolGravion

SolGravion
7 years ago#9
Yokoso | Posted 12/2/2010 4:22:36 PM | message detail
What does that have to do with anything i said ?

Basically that you're dead wrong. You don't have to 'Exhaust' or 'Fear' Euzeth down to 50 morale to one-shot Judecca. A fully upgraded Ichigeki Hissatsuhou boosted by 'Soul' is capable of doing the trick. You don't have to restrict yourself by taking certain routes as getting Levi isn't neccessary (Viletta works just as nice). You don't have to level up bench warmers to gain access to morale lowering seishin commands.

Easily ? Proof ? With 50-150 he did 77000 out of 65000, which is not even a 20% increase. And you say that without reducing his will its still possible to one-shot him with that attack ? I'm quite skeptical of that claim.

Proof for the skeptic? Alright, here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-6pZ_6O6U

This is a video that I recorded back in 2008 and managed to upload (after four failed attempts) yesterday. Skip to ~3:45 to get past the DVE. Euzeth's morale is at 150.

Same amount of morale and same experience level. And I manage to do ~ 71k in damage. Had I done all of the things that Kern did in his video (morale sapping) plus move SRX a square away (as attack range was a component in Alpha's damage formula), I would've done even more damage. Not that I would need to...

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
7 years ago#10
I'm very surprised that you only got 6000 less damage, despite Euzeth having an entire 100 additional Will . . . it's like Will doesn't affect the damage taken at all, or something. I could *almost* see that 6000 coming from the distance rather than the Will.

But I haven't played that game and I am not at all familiar with differences between SRWs and their damage formulas. Just surprised.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived