Gespenst or Huckebein *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. Gespenst or Huckebein *spoilers*

User Info: Fourth_Bonkura

Fourth_Bonkura
7 years ago#1
Which would give you potentially more units? A Gespenst only playthrough or a Huckebein only playthrough.
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
7 years ago#2
Is that even possible in this game?

Nearly every mission is focused around some pre-deployed pilots *and* mechs, and only until the meat of the mission is finished are you allowed to deploy however many units you wish (which would be where your Gespenst/Huckebein-only challenge would come into play).

While you might put a lot of work into the Gespenst/Huckebein mechs and go out of your way to only use them once you can actually do that, you'll spend FAR MORE time working with your pre-deployed units before you actually get to use your Gespenst/Huckebein mechs. So unless you're ok with that... I don't see it turning out the way you'd hope...

Fourth_Bonkura
7 years ago#3
I don't see why not, I haven't thought about this in a long time but the way it would basically go would be

You only deploy the chosen units
When something is auto deployed you don't use it unless you don't have a choice (you don't get to deploy anything else or you have to do something before the deployment starts)
Battleships may or may not be allowed, I'm not sure yet.

You wouldn't fail a TOS Presea only playthrough just because you don't get her for 15 hours.

I don't know about the BMs and I wouldnt want to do it on EX Hard but I don't think a Normal Mode playthrough would be impossible. It'd be easier if you allowed Gespenst based units (the Alt and Weiss) - It'd make the first few missions harder (because you'd have valid units and couldn't use everyone then) but the later ones easier.
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999

Fourth_Bonkura
7 years ago#4
Huckebein:

Huckebein
MkIII
MkIII R/Trombe!
Lattoni's MKII (Destroyed?)
Bullet's MKII (Destroyed?)

Gespenst

Gespenst
Type-S
MKII-R
MKII-M X 3

I think that's all of them...
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999

User Info: red255

red255
7 years ago#5
I think that's all of them...

Alt and Weis, are Gespenst Mk 3.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

Fourth_Bonkura
7 years ago#6
Alt is Gespenst MKIII, Weiss is a customised Gespenst MKII - PTX-007-3C ... wait. According to the seriel number the Alt is ... yeah. When did they say that? Alt is a customised Gespenst MKI built from PTX-003 the sister unit to the Gespenst Type R and Type S...
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999

User Info: SolGravion

SolGravion
7 years ago#7
Alteisen is based off the third (test model) 1st generation Gespenst.
Gespenst Type T = PTX-003
Alteisen = PTX-003C

Weissritter is based off the third (test model) 2nd generation Gespenst.
Gespenst Mk II Type T = PTX-007-03
Weissritter = PTX-007-03C

Alteisen and Weissritter aren't Gespenst Mk IIIs. Alt has been referred to as a Gespenst Mk III unofficially, but military top brass never acknowldged/accepted Alt as a third generation Gespenst (model number probably would have changed if that they did).

User Info: magmer

magmer
7 years ago#8
Axel is the only one to call the Alt a Gespenst 3
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. Gespenst or Huckebein *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived