Energy draining weapons don't have much use in this game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. Energy draining weapons don't have much use in this game

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
7 years ago#1
It's useless against every boss in the game except the last boss, but you need Fury...
And I'd rather use Leona for Armor Breaker since Combination Attacks already pierce through its cosmic shield.

I guess you could disassemble the SRX so that Rai could Fury-Drain the boss once, but since he never learns Alert, it is much too dangerous.

Any earlier use ?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five (Groucho Marx)

User Info: Volcanon2

Volcanon2
7 years ago#2
You can use it against -any- last boss if you use the spell that lets you bypass defenses.

Energy drainers are good for making sure bosses can't use their barriers or powerful attacks. A lot of robots are pretty much useless without EN.

The downside is that most bosses have EN regen, so its usually faster to hit them with armor breaker and maybe stun shot and just pound away.

User Info: Esrac

Esrac
7 years ago#3
Energy Drains really aren't as useful as they were in OG1. I think this is for several reasons:

A. More than twice as many Combination Attacks, which by-pass barriers.
B. Stun Shot is generally better.
C. Energy Regen is much more frequently encountered.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
7 years ago#4
A. More than twice as many Combination Attacks, which by-pass barriers.
B. Stun Shot is generally better.
C. Energy Regen is much more frequently encountered.

D. Only the Big Einst does possess an damage-reducing Field. Except Lee maybe, but he dies so quickly, why bother with anything else than Armor Breaker ?

I agree with each of your points, except Stun Shot since it's pretty much like cheating to use the secrets stuff. They cut the challenge in half !
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five (Groucho Marx)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
  3. Energy draining weapons don't have much use in this game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived