Defense Support problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
7 years ago#1
I'm playing a No-Upgrade challenge, thus it is essential that I master the use of Defense Supports.

Here is the situation : Alteisen is adjacent to Gigan-Duro piloted by Tasuku; they are both on the ground, on the same panel type. However, when Axel launch an attack on Alteisen, the Support skill does not show, thus the Alteisen fading toward his death (and me toward the Game Over screen).

Is it happening because Gigan-Duro have less than 15-20% of its HP ?
I had the same problem earlier with the Sanger-Clone.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five (Groucho Marx)

User Info: Volcanon2

Volcanon2
7 years ago#2
If you aren't upgrading, don't use Gigan at all. His damage output is awful and you need a team with high damage to clear the last boss's defenses. Maybe gigan is flying and alt isn't?
Is this EX-hard or normal?

Zengar's [not actually] clone is Wodan.

User Info: Kaiser99

Kaiser99
7 years ago#3
A unit can not support defend if taken the hit would kill it. So if Gigan only has 2000 HP left, and Soulgain's attack would deal 2000+ damage, then Gigan is NOT able to support defend.

Salocool
7 years ago#4
A unit can not support defend if taken the hit would kill it.
Ah well, that makes sense Kaiser ; I was fooled by the fact grunts do kill themselves with their Defense Support skill.

Maybe gigan is flying and alt isn't?
It does not matter, since Gigan-Duro is both an Air and Ground unit.

Is this EX-hard or normal?
Normal !! I won't drive myself nuts with a No-Upgrade Extra Hard Mind-Breaking challenge before a while.

If you aren't upgrading, don't use Gigan at all
Yeah, he'll probably go to waste, but for now I stuck Russel in it and it's damn effective because of his high Defense, his cheap Guard spell and two of both Supports skills.
--
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five (Groucho Marx)

Salocool
7 years ago#5
I forgot to add my challenge also consists of obtaining every Skill Points - so to make the strategy aspect of the game a prominent feature.

It's quite feasible, yet I needed that information to avoid screwing myself in tight situations.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived