Best control scheme

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: labrosse33

labrosse33
9 years ago#1
hey everyone

I was just wondering what control scheme y'all use for this game. I myself don't have a gamepad so I have to go with the keyboard. First time I installed it I tried the default scheme but it seemed very weird using Z to go forward and Q and D to go left/right etc. (I dont like to use the arrows cause I like to have the mouse to look around.) So now I use a custom control scheme (FPS style) with WASD to move, LSHIFT and CAPSLOCK to steer up/down and Q and E to look left/right. Problem with it is controlling planes and choppers because you have to perform all the actions with only 4 fingers so it gets very tricky to fight with the hydra and control it flawlessly at the same time.

Now I just figured out it would be better to let go the mouse while flying aircrafts and use the arrows as secondary controls to steer up/down and look left/right.

Anyone else had to redefine controls many times to feel really comfortable with this game?
"It doesn't feel right to shoot an unarmed man... But I'll get over it."
MoHH2: KeuponBionik / Subhuman

User Info: spaceeinstein

spaceeinstein
9 years ago#2
I redefined my controls to Vice City's controls. Vice City's controls were good so I don't know why Rockstar decided to ditch that.
Read FAQs please! To know nothing is bad, but to learn nothing is worse.
║┐║spaceeinstein║┐║ ęspaceeinstein

User Info: glenster

glenster
9 years ago#3
I go for the VC WASD setup and don't use the mouse for steering bikes or
aircraft. All I remember changing was that I made Left Shift Run/Horn and made
Spacebar Jump.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived