Can't update to latest patch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Can't update to latest patch

User Info: bobbyrk

bobbyrk
9 years ago#1
So here's the thing. I bought the GOTY last fall, played it for a bit, and stopped playing. Just recently, I decided I wanted to play again, but I had to uninstall and reinstall the game because it started not working. I did all this, noticed it was back to version 1.1.4-something so I decided I should update to 1.2.0416. I downloaded the file and now the following error comes up when I try updating.

"Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No updates done since file contents do not match."

Short of just uninstalling the game and all the mods that I have, then reinstalling, what should I do?
Core 2 Duo e6600 @ 2.4GHz, 2x Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (SLI), 2 gig Kingston HyperX ddr2-800

bobbyrk
9 years ago#2
Okay... I uninstalled Oblivion and moved everything that it didn't uninstall (ie, mods, OBMM, Oblivion Save Manager and pieces thereof) into a different folder.

I reinstalled Oblivion, KotN, and SI. Again, the Shivering Isles v1.2.0416 gave me that same message. I'll see if I can't get it going tomorrow.
Core 2 Duo e6600 @ 2.4GHz, 2x Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (SLI), 2 gig Kingston HyperX ddr2-800

User Info: Klasj

Klasj
9 years ago#3
maybe the version on the disc is already the latest.
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.

bobbyrk
9 years ago#4
I would think so. But I uninstalled and reinstalled everything again, and now it won't even load to the main menu, before it crashes and gives me the standard error message.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Can't update to latest patch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived