About the site & my collection

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Haunting Ground
  3. About the site & my collection

User Info: Enetirnel

Enetirnel
6 years ago#41
Rihawf posted...
What's the name of the music of the secret room? You could use that.

It's a bit too long in my opinion. It's actually a classical piece composed by Franz Liszt called "Liebestraum Notturno III (, well most of them are simply referred to as Liebestraume (German for "Dreams of Love") but the more famous one is the third piece. Removing the e in liebestraume makes it become singular but the collective three are as liebestraume - whereas on the Demento soundtrack track list, they've accidentally made it plural. ^^;

It's three solo piano pieces that were composed after he was inspired by poems - two of them from Ludwig Uhland and one from Ferdinand Freiligrath and they're all representing different forms of love.

They're all extremely technically pieces and can be considered as difficult ones to play.

The three notturni are as the following -

I. Is based off Uhland's "Hohe Liebe" (Exhalted Love) and gives a more religious feeling about love as the martyr renounces love and "heaven has opened its gates" for the martyr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCFn5agTjTE

II. Is based off another one of Uhland's poems, this time the song evokes a more erotic love and Uhland referred to what is called in French "la petite mort" and that was a further inspiration as to it becoming "I was dead from love’s bliss; I lay buried in her arms; I was wakened by her kisses; I saw heaven in her eyes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB0P5D-fbYM

III. Is based off Ferdinand Freiligrath's poem "O lieb, so lang du lieben kannst" which goes as the following -

O lieb, so lang du lieben kannst! O love, so long as you can!
O lieb, so lang du lieben magst! O love, so long as you may!
Die Stunde kommt, die Stunde kommt, The hour comes, the hour comes,
wo du an Gräbern stehst und klagst ! When you will stand by graves and weep!!

Which essentially means that the song is about unconditional mature love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgWT9qg_j-8

I happen to enjoy classical music, so I recognized the piece - it's just that I think that
the name is far too long and would be too hard for most people to remember how to type it correctly.
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?

User Info: Rihawf

Rihawf
6 years ago#42
Oh, so even Liebestraume couldn't be used? (Although it's hard to remember)
Chaos Forest seems to be fine, however.
Durururuddud.

Enetirnel
6 years ago#43
Rihawf posted...
Oh, so even Liebestraume couldn't be used? (Although it's hard to remember)
Chaos Forest seems to be fine, however.

Pretty much, considering that the majority of people I know that have played Demento don't even know what it's called so I think it would be rather confusing and would be hard to remember.

As for Chaos Forest, I was just thinking of areas in the game that had interesting names that I hadn't seen taken already.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
6 years ago#44
Is Chaos Forest from Demento? I can't say I know the names of every area.

I'll be honest, I feel bad suggesting names when this is your forum and all the hard work is your efforts. But if you do want to hear our opinions, I really love Captured Maiden as I've said before, it just makes sense so well. I thought about it for a long time.

Not only does it describe Demento exactly, but it can fit other games somewhat too, considering a lot of horror games such as RoR, Fatal Frame, Clock Tower, all feature female leads. Some of Silent Hill and Siren also fit this.

And while they're not in exactly the same captured state, they are definitely in situations they can't escape from, which is almost the same thing.

Chaos Forest or whatever you want is fine and I won't argue or complain, and I doubt anyone else will either. In the end we'd rather the name be what you personally want, and don't try to please everyone else. That would be quite unfair on you. We're happy to support your choice.

Enetirnel
6 years ago#45
New_Birdman posted...
Is Chaos Forest from Demento? I can't say I know the names of every area.

I'll be honest, I feel bad suggesting names when this is your forum and all the hard work is your efforts. But if you do want to hear our opinions, I really love Captured Maiden as I've said before, it just makes sense so well. I thought about it for a long time.

Not only does it describe Demento exactly, but it can fit other games somewhat too, considering a lot of horror games such as RoR, Fatal Frame, Clock Tower, all feature female leads. Some of Silent Hill and Siren also fit this.

And while they're not in exactly the same captured state, they are definitely in situations they can't escape from, which is almost the same thing.

Chaos Forest or whatever you want is fine and I won't argue or complain, and I doubt anyone else will either. In the end we'd rather the name be what you personally want, and don't try to please everyone else. That would be quite unfair on you. We're happy to support your choice.

Yes, it's the forest area before you end up in the water tower once you get out of the old mansion.

Well, I was just thinking over different ones to add to the list for me to go over.

It's just because I've got games I'd like to include that don't focus on female characters, but some of them do and are captured it's just that I'm just adding things to my list to think over.

Enetirnel
6 years ago#46
Another update -

Clock Tower WonderSwan music, sound effects, backgrounds have been ripped.

I only need to finish capturing the footage from it and dump the sprites from that version.

Nearly finished with the backgrounds and sprites from the PC version.

Just need to fix one of the bonus cutscenes I've captured from Demento and the normal cutscenes will be done.

Enetirnel
6 years ago#47
Another update -

Clock Tower PC - sprites nearly finished. Making animated versions.
Clock Tower SNES - same status
Clock Tower WonderSwan - Sprites halfway dumped.

Backgrounds are nearly completely dumped across SNES, PC, WS version.
Will begin PS1 version soon.

Clock Tower PC cutscenes complete
Clock Tower WS cutscenes nearly complete.
Clock Tower 2 FMVs, cutscenes nearly complete.
Clock Tower Ghost Head cutscenes nearly complete.
Demento default/plot costumes (Default to Under the Knife) Normal Mode cutscenes complete, including bonus cutscenes.
Need to capture remaining cutscenes with alternative outfits in Demento/Haunting Ground on Hard Mode. Including bonus cutscenes.
Rule of Rose cutscenes completed
Drag-on Dragoon cutscenes completed
Drakengard cutscenes Completed
Drag-on Dragoon cutscenes Completed
Drakengard 2 cutscenes Completed
Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny cutscenes half completed
Clock Tower 3 English cutscenes completed

Clock Tower 2 and Clock Tower Ghost Head music dumping has started.
Some sound effects have been dumped.

Will need to dump from the Personal Experience Editions of the games.

Demento/Haunting Ground sound effects dumped and nearly completely repaired to the correct bitrate and organized per character/item and type of SFX.

Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny music ripped, sound effects (English voice over included) dumped. Made unofficial soundtrack cover and track list. All ID3 tagged.

Need to dump Japanese Shadow of Memories/Destiny voice over.

Scanning progress -

Demento Complete Official Guide - half way
Demento Official Guidebook - half way
Demento Original Sound Track - completely scanned (case art, booklet, obi, disc)
Clock Tower Clue Book - completely scanned
Clock Tower Ultra-2000 version - completely scanned (case art, booklet, obi, disc)
Nightmare Syndrome - awaiting second copy, will then debind and scan.

Transcription & translation progress -

Clock Tower PC - transcribed completely, half translated.
Demento - transcribed, nearly completely translated
Haunting Ground (English) - completely transcribed
Clock Tower 2 - transcription started
Clock Tower Ghost Head - transcription started
Rule of Rose - transcription started
Clock Tower 3 - half transcribed (UK/PAL version crashes on a cutscene when used in my PS2, will continue transcribing from another copy OR will try via an emulator if possible)

Demento Latin trailers, quotes are transcribed and translated.

Japanese voice-overs for promotional materials for Demento, Clock Tower 3 and so-on (including the Clock Tower Drama CDs) will be transcribed and translated later so I can have the translations double-checked to make sure I haven't misheard anything.

Will look into dumping sound effects and ripping the art from Clock Tower 3.

Enetirnel
6 years ago#48
My partner attended a convention and met Lisle Wilkerson yesterday and she told him that she's remained in contact with Lynn Harris and Barry Gjerde.

I should be able to organize interviews regarding Glass Rose, Clock Tower 2 with them and with those I might also be able to set one up with Rumiko Varnes (voice of Jennifer in Clock Tower 2, voiced the maid Ayako and Tsuyako in Glass Rose and also voices Miku out of the Zero/Project Zero/Fatal Frame games).

Interesting little tidbit, Lisle was also shown my Glass Rose and Resident Evil (original RE1 game) voice acting comparison and my recognizing her voice in Glass Rose as RE1's Jill Valentine may be correct, she thinks that it is her voice and the other voice actors agreed that it certainly sounds like her as well.

Once the site is up and running, I'll be posting my interview with Greg Ellis and I'll discuss with Lisle if it would be possible to organize a Glass Rose one.

Enetirnel
6 years ago#49
Also, my signed Shadows of the Damned soundtrack should hopefully be here tomorrow or the day after that (unless of course it's the package I need to pick up from my post office today) ^^;

I'll post collection photos when the rest of my stuff gets back here.

Enetirnel
6 years ago#50
Clock Tower Ghost Head/Struggle Within music has been dumped completely into lossless wav format like the other music.

Need to dump the Clock Tower 2 ones and the different ones from the trial/demo/promo builds of them.

Will hopefully dump Clock Tower 3 in-game art gallery smoothly later, finish animating the sprites from the first game versions.

I'll take a collection photo soon, found some new things (store posters) to add to it and couple of extra things. Waiting for my second copy of Nightmare Syndrome to arrive so I can despine, scanlate it.

Again, any requests?
  1. Boards
  2. Haunting Ground
  3. About the site & my collection

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived