Anyone still here?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Haunting Ground
  3. Anyone still here?

User Info: Animako

Animako
4 years ago#11
Just found out about this game but as with other horror survival, I'm too chicken to try it out. Looks like a great game though, love reading about it and watching videos. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention.

User Info: DMAN2501

DMAN2501
4 years ago#12
I think its cult classic nature has a lot to do with timing.
This and RE4 came out right about the same time.
Besides having to compete with the 900 pound gorilla in the room (from the same company no less) It also came out at a time where everyone was tired of this game's design style.
While RE4 was considered a breath of fresh air in design from Capcom Haunting Ground still used the fixed camera, character controls, and basic game architecture that they had used since the original RE. It was a game that used systems absolutly scorned at the time.
Fast Forward to 2013 where the RE4 style has grown overused, and a "classic" RE style game (RE:Revolations) was recieved well by fans and by sales and we have what might be a perfect atmosphere to re-release something like this. I'm not expecting Clock Tower 4, but I am hopeful someone might pick something like this up.

In short great game + missed by many = great cult classic that deserves a psn release at minimum to let more people play it.
I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid....its not working out too well.

User Info: kangarooz

kangarooz
4 years ago#13
DMAN2501 posted...
I think its cult classic nature has a lot to do with timing.
This and RE4 came out right about the same time.
Besides having to compete with the 900 pound gorilla in the room (from the same company no less) It also came out at a time where everyone was tired of this game's design style.
While RE4 was considered a breath of fresh air in design from Capcom Haunting Ground still used the fixed camera, character controls, and basic game architecture that they had used since the original RE. It was a game that used systems absolutly scorned at the time.
Fast Forward to 2013 where the RE4 style has grown overused, and a "classic" RE style game (RE:Revolations) was recieved well by fans and by sales and we have what might be a perfect atmosphere to re-release something like this. I'm not expecting Clock Tower 4, but I am hopeful someone might pick something like this up.

In short great game + missed by many = great cult classic that deserves a psn release at minimum to let more people play it.

Haunting Ground doesn't use the fixed cameras or control from the original RE.
Side-Scrolling Platformers:1986-1995, Survival Horrors:1996-2005, First Person Shooters:2006-2015

User Info: GlLGAMESH

GlLGAMESH
4 years ago#14
I just beat this game today on PCSX2. I absolutely loved it. One of the few games that's really been able to scare me.
  1. Boards
  2. Haunting Ground
  3. Anyone still here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived