Need advice, keep or sell? (Gonj)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. Need advice, keep or sell? (Gonj)

User Info: Howatizer

Howatizer
4 years ago#1
Bought a 3 Line epic Tempest ring with 4% Dex +10 atk +10atk Bonus potential lines, threw 5 cubes on it and ended up with this...

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i373/TheGonja/MapleStoryTempestRing_zps8b9e1c17.png

I realized the baa thing about tempest equips is that they bind on equip and you can't scissor them :/

So once I equip the ring, it would be essentially worthless... I beat out a 5 bill offer on the ring with 5.4 bill and that was before it was 15% and unique.

Yeah so any clarity someone could provide would be appreciated, bear in mind the ring is probably worth about 10 bill now, but would replace a 6% dex reg tempest ring which would equate to like 12k more range or more...
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917

User Info: Shado Man

Shado Man
4 years ago#2
What else could you buy with the 10 bil you can get for selling it? A Fafnir Soul Shooter? Several pieces of the RA Pirate set? A piece of Tyrant gear? Is any of that endgame equipment worth more to you than a ring that will easily last until you quit MS?

Personally, I'd sell the ring. That's an insane bonus pot, but you'd get more of a range increase from a piece of enhanced Tyrant gear for roughly the same price (minus the cubing of the Tyrant item). My prices are based on Bera's economy, though, which might be a bit different than whatever world you're in (Tyrant gear sells for around 10 bil a piece in Bera, Fafnir weapons are a bit less than that except for Daggers and Kataras which can go for more).
Currently playing - MapleStory, Bioshock Infinite.
The Fast and The Furious 6 - May 24th.

User Info: sauceje

sauceje
4 years ago#3
It's up to you in the end if you think you'd need the money more than the boost from wearing the ring...

Howatizer
4 years ago#4
Well I do want Tyrant gear, but is has seemed to poof in Windia, haven't seen anyone selling some for awhile... though a Tyrant Belt or Cape would be very nice...

Would take awhile to find someone selling Tyrant gear and the legitimacy of the item would be in great question.

Actually I am just going to keep it, gonna be hard to find a better ring and maybe Tyrant becomes much cheaper and available in the future. I appreciate the input.

Edit: Actually my range prediction was wrong, equipping the ring increased my clean range by 20k O.o
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917

User Info: azn_riza_000

azn_riza_000
4 years ago#5
The reality is that it's unlikely that you'll ever get another ring like this at that kind of price. Also tbh dex gear isn't worth as much as it was a few months ago. I'd keep the ring.
Windia GMS ~ SatomiBlade 200 Hero ~

User Info: Shado Man

Shado Man
4 years ago#6
If you had sold it, I would've advised waiting until the next round of Marvel if you wanted to buy Tyrant gear anyway. Not only will it be easier to find, the price will also dip for a short period as well.

That's an incredible range upgrade, by the way. Congrats.
Currently playing - MapleStory, Bioshock Infinite.
The Fast and The Furious 6 - May 24th.

Howatizer
4 years ago#7
Thanks,
It was just one of those moments when you realize the value of the item you have... especially with it becoming untradable upon equip.

In other news after equipping the ring I am down too 11-12 second solo Zakum now.
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. Need advice, keep or sell? (Gonj)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived