The Death of MS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. The Death of MS

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
7 months ago#91
even though this isn't what killed it, it definately helped to kill it:

moving the only east coast server to the west coast, without telling anyone about it.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: IllustratedZero

IllustratedZero
7 months ago#92
I can say for a fact that when potential was introduced, that was the brightest flame of maple, but then it started dying fast after.

User Info: xKYSx

xKYSx
6 months ago#93
Vikilla4V posted...
haha dot currency made thousands of dollars, he was single handedly responsible for crashing markets in multiple servers

anyways there's a lot of problems with this game. too many areas in the world are unused, too many outdated quests, pqs suck, etc etc. I don't know why i keep coming back to this game to play it, i'm in my 20s now and all my friends quit years ago

dot. haha that's a name i haven't seen in a long time.

i'm in the same boat like you. maple is the only game i still play regularly but everytime i try out some new mmo; i would get the urge to go back lmao or when the new mmo bores me.

maple be like that ex who you just want to get back and have fun only to wake up the next day and ask yourself wtf are you doing with this p.o.s lol

User Info: nessman0

nessman0
6 months ago#94
The game died because the audience grew up and moved on with their life. Maplestory is a game of childish design that most people wouldn't want to be caught dead playing by a member of their social circle past the age of 20. The rest is attributed to those who are trying to escape their problems by finding more complex games to distract them.
PK Fire

User Info: seigejet

seigejet
6 months ago#95
What is killing it for me, is that the game runs poorly. Whether it's bare metal or if I spin up multiple linked-clone VMs/hyper-v performance is inconsistent.
Steam - seigejet | Broa - Jjang Guild
2x E5-2687w | Intel S2600CPJ | NH-U12DX-i4 | 2x FuryX | 128GB Ram | 1TB SSD | 8x 3TB HDD

User Info: TrueKu

TrueKu
6 months ago#96
Mostly, it's life going on. MapleStory ain't groceries. Not that many people play original Pong.

The MBAs killed MapleStory.
Optimizing for the short term.

Just try to sell more NX. But, killed the community in doing so. The community is the content. And there's no incentive to play in parties.
Chief Scientician

User Info: Blocktopus

Blocktopus
5 months ago#97
it started with gach. pac, bwg and white scrolls created a huge divide in people who played a lot and people who payed a lot.

then came potential

then somewhere along the line, people didn't need to party anymore unless they were too undergeared to boss.

User Info: XLudicoloX

XLudicoloX
5 months ago#98
TrueKu posted...
Mostly, it's life going on. MapleStory ain't groceries. Not that many people play original Pong.

The MBAs killed MapleStory.
Optimizing for the short term.

Just try to sell more NX. But, killed the community in doing so. The community is the content. And there's no incentive to play in parties.

well said
Officially and proudly put in purgatory for changing just 2 letters of known Wii U board troll She-Holc's username. 2!

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
5 months ago#99
I feel like the last 4 options lead to its eventual decline.
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense.
http://i.imgur.com/4p4wGOs.png

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
5 months ago#100
can't believe that after 7 months this topic is still around
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga... it's a way of life - DBZAOTA482
call me Sodium Chloride my raps so ill they'll make you wanna die - Scorpion122178
  1. Boards
  2. MapleStory
  3. The Death of MS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived