What if Advance Wars games were played by holding the system vertically?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. What if Advance Wars games were played by holding the system vertically?

User Info: datwill310

datwill310
1 year ago#1
What would be your opinion of playing Advance Wars holding the DS system vertically, like a book, as you do in Brain Training and Mario E Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story?

The idea struck me - much of Advance Wars can work in this format (such as the two-way dialogue as seen in Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict, and the menus wont need much fine-tuneing to submit to that format). The only real awkward thing about using this system would probably be in the battlefield, but it wouldn't be too bad, in my opinion (imagine if battle animations could take place, each army taking up a whole screen! Amazing, huh?! Just an after-thought ;) ).

I was just wondering how the rest of the AW comunity would react to such a format if it ever came out.

Please note that I've just come to GameFAQs, that I'm a newbie with this site, and if I have posted this in the wrong board, then could somebody direct me to a better one to post to?

Regards

datwill310
1 year ago#2
I've just realised that this would totally wreck the good-old button system...
But still... If you could just use the touchscreen, would you think it's a forward or backward step?
Regards
DDPAtwill

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 year ago#3
Yeah, I think the fact that you can't use the buttons to control would be a big turnoff.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

datwill310
1 year ago#4
You could program it to make it work, but using the system holding the DS in that position would just be a pain [literally], and I kinda figured it was a bad idea as I thought it over.
Regards
DDPAtwill
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. What if Advance Wars games were played by holding the system vertically?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived