noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 months ago#1
So my buddy gamemaster712 and I are going to make a run at this. He's gone through it before plus other games in the series. I've heard of the series, but never played any of the games, seen a run of them, really have no idea what I'm in for. Strategy/tactical games aren't really my thing, more of an adventure/RPG guy, but I'm willing to give this a shot. Generally, strategies and where to go and such I prefer to figure out on my own, but any basic mechanics stuff of how the game works or little tips like that would be helpful. Otherwise, time to fire this bad boy up and see what we're in for.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 months ago#2
There's usually two ways to win:
Defeat all enemies or capture the enemy hq.
It's pretty simple and tutorial plenty
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

gamemaster712
3 months ago#3
Hmmm....
Hit a snag at 9....
I still think days of ruin better...
No crazy op crap at times...
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
3 months ago#4
A snag at 9? I couldn't wait that long, I decided to get hung up on mission 3. First two went fine , but third one got my butt handed to me. Tried transporting infantry over to the bad guy HQ and held it for one turn, but the helicopters I had in the area got defeated. Lost my other infantry and APC fairly early, so decided to go with the "destroy all enemies" plan until my helicopters apparently ran out of ammo. I'll see about taking another crack at it before work tonight.

edit: all right, take two went much better. Got the transport heli over to the capitol with a full infantry squad and was able to keep the tanks and such occupied for enough rounds to capture the HQ. So, another mission completed, on to number 4.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
3 months ago#5
The rig can supply ammo FYI....
Very useful.
Gotta get those tactic part running.
I wrecked 9 after figuring out where I gone wrong...
Not sending every plane immediately.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 months ago#6
gamemaster712 posted...
I still think days of ruin better...

If you're gonna play multi-player, definitely.

And yeah, the Normal Campaign is fairly straightforward tactically once you get a feel for the game.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

gamemaster712
3 months ago#7
Being able to replay missions is usually a plus...

gamemaster712
3 months ago#8
I've never finished dual strike...
Days of ruin multiple times simply for the replaying missions part.
It's pretty nice structure

gamemaster712
3 months ago#9
Currently mission 14 or so....

skater43
3 months ago#10
Yeah, some of the mechanics I'm still working on. Apparently, I'm earning money, but haven't seen how to spend it yet, and still working on resupplying units. We'll see how things go, and I may just have to look for a copy of the manual/check one of the guides here.

Just fired this up and beat mission 4. Didn't have too much trouble, though I was a little worried about the timer. This time, I had more than enough time (finished with 20-25 minutes left over), but I suspect some of the later missions, time is much more of a concern. So far, I've gotten 300 points per mission and an S rank every time, which prolly isn't that good, based on our runs through the Mega Man Zero games, but not sure. But, onto the next mission.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived