noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 month ago#101
305 S rank
Onto the next soon enough
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 month ago#102
Started the next mission, but only done Day 1 so far. Actually spent a bit of time picking COs and I think I made some decent choices, but like to hear what you guys think. For red, I have Javier for the com towers and Jake (open plains, no other obvious good choice). Blue is Sasha and Colin for no reason other than I didn't see anyone that gives naval bonuses and cheap units and Market Crash are useful. Green is Eagle for the air force bonuses and Sami because she has three stars next to Eagle's name, so I guess they work well together or something. No idea if that actually corresponds to any game mechanic, but another of those "why not?" choices. Plan is have red take the three com towers, have green and blue advance and beyond that, not sure what my strategy's going to be. Guess we'll see what the enemy does and go from there. Most of the units obviously are in the middle section, so best plan may be have red go defense, just to tie up enemy units, then have green send as many bombers and such as they can to go directly for the obelisk.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#103
The tag system gives anyone who's paired up with a CO which they have affinity stars with a luck-roll bonus. Each Star gives +5% to the maximum luck roll, so Eagle/Sami have a +15% to their maximum luck rolls (the standard for COs who aren't Nell/Flak/Jugger/Sonja/Rachel CO Power is 10%).

So with that in mind, it's probably worthwhile pairing Jess with Javier, for both the minor luck boost and the powered up Tag CO Power.

But you've picked up on the basic strategy of the map already! :)
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

gamemaster712
1 month ago#104
Javier/jake orange star
Grit/hawke blue team
Eagle/sensei green team

That’s what I’ll be using.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

gamemaster712
1 month ago#105
I’ve heard max is pretty useful on green team so there’s that.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#106
Yeah, anyone with an Aircraft attack boost (Eagle, Grimm, Max, Hawke) can do very well on Green because the Bombers can shred any of the fixed emplacements (Cannons, Pipe Seams, Obelisks) in one attack.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

gamemaster712
1 month ago#107
Looks like von bolt went ex machina on the topic.
🤣

gamemaster712
1 month ago#108
Get ready for that beatdown old fart!!!
👍

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 month ago#109
Not having a lot of success on this one, although part of that may just be me wanting a good start, so I don't think I've gone past day 5 or 6 before restarting. Mostly using ranged stuff with the orange team, so I've swapped Jake for Grit, but not sure if that's the best move. Hard part is getting the green planes to/near the obelisk without AA missiles or a fighter taking them out. Wish I could do something better with blue, too, but my naval skills suck. May have to check out a couple of guides on this one, just to get things started, then run with things myself from there.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 month ago#110
Hehe I got a bit careless and only got b rank for lacking power....
Final mission will be done soon enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived