noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 month ago#111
Gonna send the old fart a one way trip to hell and oblivion!
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

gamemaster712
1 month ago#112
Cut it real close...
2 more days and it be over.
Whew.
Ready for your topic on days of ruin board eventually. I think you’ll like that one better. I’ll go into more detail once you make topic.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 month ago#113
More later, but mission 26 is won!
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
1 month ago#114
Mission 26 is anti-climactic. But then again, Hard Campaign involves the sort of mess complained about here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39HgbFVtOqI
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#115
Congrats on clearing it.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

skater43
1 month ago#116
Thanks, Xenesis. Real knock down, drag 'em out fight. Finally won on day 27 or so, though I prolly could have finished a little sooner. Early in the campaign I'd managed to get a bomber down the obelisk and hit it a couple of times. A 3 bomber and a 1 bomber, so proly didn't do much damage, though with Eagle's boost, it was apparently significant. When I finally won, I attacked it with an 8 bomber and finished it and was surprised to see it be destroyed. So had I realized it was that close to being gone, I might have made more a push for it, rather than some of the secondary stuff I was working on. As it was, I pretty much had him licked by the time I won. Blue controlled the left side seas, though I was still working on capturing the seaport about in the middle of the map on that side. But with three battleships, a cruiser and black boat, the seas were mine. Red had the middle section under control, though the enemy was still churning out units and doing some damage. In fact, I sent a blue infantry unit to the upper left corner of the map to capture some/all of the cities up there, not for my own benefit necessarily, but to cut into the money collected by the enemy. But Javier and Grit made a good red team. Mostly used Grit and rockets/artillery at the start, but was using Javier more towards the end when I was using more tanks and going after the enemy directly. What actually turned the battle and really put me in control was a timely tag by the red team, followed by a great Market Crash by blue. Enemy fighter did a bit of damage to green at the start, but once I got a fighter down there myself to take it out, things went better (until he made more fighters). Because it was green that ultimately took out the obelisk, my power score suffered, despite the fact that I took out 78 of his units total. Actually got a 74 for speed, which surprised me. 34 power and 57 technique, plus bonus points for taking out the obelisk, 3 of the mini obelisks, 4 mini cannons, and 3 sections of pipe. Still ended up with a C rank, but a win's a win. So, onto mission 27. The end is near!
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 month ago#117
I eagerly await the days of ruin topic...
🙏

skater43
1 month ago#118
11 days left and just won the top screen. Didn't realize I needed to take out the bottom stuff, too, so may have sent too many units to the top and dug myself in too deep a hole on the bottom, but we'll see. I end up redoing this one, at least I'll have a better idea of the objectives and can get a little more balance between the two fronts.

gamemaster712
1 month ago#119
There’s no point in sending anything to second front. All is generally taken care of by the time the forces are ready to blast it all

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
1 month ago#120
Suffice to say that the final level in AWDS is a joke. Then again...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoP1L8evwDc
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived