noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: WendoloKazaki

WendoloKazaki
1 month ago#121
nobody cares nesshelper/juigi/mkdh/big poopy butt
actually a dog in a business suit at a keyboard
(BB: Azrael, GG: Ky?, UNIST: Akatsuki)

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 month ago#122
Ditched my previous attempt because I was down to 6 or 7 days left, didn't have the means to keep up with his production and he had a couple of oozes angel guarding the weak spots and I didn't have the firepower to take them out. So, started again. Haven't done anything with the top front and they seem to be doing okay, though once they get the crystals destroyed, I'll need to be ready to rush the weakpoints. I've captured one of the airports at the bottom of the screen and am racing the enemy to the second. Working on getting some missiles and such to start working on the oozes and should have a bomber next round. Unit-wise, we're about even strength, though those oozes count for a lot for him, so we'll see.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 month ago#123
Bottom section isn’t really needed outside of simply cutting off the infantry and a few blobs.
Just push forward quickly enough and capture those top factories. Really gives an edge.
A few infantry and mechs plus a tank/chopper will shred blob
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#124
It's nice to grab some of the towers and cities though, it'll give you a huge economy/firepower boost.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

gamemaster712
1 month ago#125
Xenesis Xenon posted...
It's nice to grab some of the towers and cities though, it'll give you a huge economy/firepower boost.

True but you don’t need that many outside of cutting things off south while building in middle and pushing north ASAP
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
1 month ago#126
Got it! Actually had another failed attempt prior. One more day I would have had it, litterally. Had destroyed two of the weakpoints, had damaged the third, had a bomber right next to it that could deliver the final blow and just came up one day short. But, ultimately succeeded. Although I was real worried in the final cutscene when I was mashing the text and accidentally clicked on "no". Really thought I'd have to redo the fight or have the three days left to fight the giant blob again or something. But, Hawke was there to save the day. Thanks to the 6 blobs I took out, this was one of my highest scoring missions (maybe the highest). 100 points for speed and power, 96 for technique and 240 points for the blobs.

For the debate over the southern section, I did send three infantry units down there plus had a battle copter take out some of his guys. I agree that they don't add much, but keeping him from getting airports is handy and the cities and com towers do help. Only captured one of the northern factories, and that wasn't until the last 2 days of the campaign. He usually had a blob or two next to the factories, so even when I took out the new unit it just produced, it wasn't wise to move onto the square. Bombers and missiles were my primary means of offense especially after the first few days, just to hit things hard and from a distance. Didn't send anything to the second front and Rachel did fine, though she didn't take out the third crystal until day 20 or so, so we were cutting things close there. But right after she took the last crystal out, I got a nice tag that really turned things around and spelled the end on the main front.

Overall, I liked the game. Some of the missions I could have done without (agree with gm: can't say I was a fan of the timed missions), but in general, I enjoyed the game. Not really getting into the COs other than a couple of missions hampered me some and I think there's a way to assign skills or something that I didn't mess with, so I didn't get the full experience, but that'll be stuff to look into down the road, along with the standalone missions and such (got 8000 points to spend on something). But I'm intrigued to see what Days of Ruin has to offer. Tomorrow or Saturday I'll get that topic going and we can jump into that. Thanks to gm, Xenesis, others that have offered tips, encouragement, or just followed our exploits.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 month ago#127
Alrighty....
Topic on days of ruin board!!!
I’ve been itching on this one for a while.
And well done my musketeer pal

skater43
1 month ago#128
Thanks, gm. And congrats on your victory as well. Yeah, prolly tomorrow I'll get the Days of Ruin topic up and you can tell me all the wonderful things about it. :)

gamemaster712
1 month ago#129
skater43 posted...
Thanks, gm. And congrats on your victory as well. Yeah, prolly tomorrow I'll get the Days of Ruin topic up and you can tell me all the wonderful things about it. :)

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜πŸ˜†

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#130
πŸŽ‰

Get the plates, AWDS just got served. :D
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived