noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 month ago#21
Oh, I'm sure things aren't going to get any easier. Other than, hopefully, I learn from previous missions, develop strats, etc.

So mission 11 is behind us. Take two went much better. Was a little worried because it didn't start off as well for Blue Team, but I had most of orange making a run for the lab (now that I knew where it was), so achieved victory that way. Day 8 or 9 or so, so I got 100 points for speed. Lost on power and technique, though, so only an A rank, but not too shabby (especially since things went rather horribly wrong the first time). So, onto number 12 and I'm guessing getting to use these new black boats we just stole info on.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 month ago#22
Yeah I forgot to get the black boat plans....
Oh well
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
(edited 1 month ago)

skater43
1 month ago#23
Does it make a difference? That would be pretty cool if the missions actually change depending on which objectives/criteria you meet to win.

Currently working on mission 12. Can't say things are going real well, especially on the second front (which I left on auto), but I may be able to pull it out still. On day 7 already, so not getting full speed points on this one, but we'll see how it goes.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 month ago#24
The only difference would be not able to play the missions to get those black hole weapons.
Meh I'll manage.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

gamemaster712
1 month ago#25
Gonna make sure I go through with that mission tomorrow and then see what future ones holds....
Not liking it so much...
Maybe

skater43
1 month ago#26
So I think my current strategy for these missions is to bumble my way through one, figuring out little secrets about the map and such, lose, then try again and win. Good thing this is a video game and not real life: you don't do overs and second chances in the real world. Anyway, beat mission 13, but it took two tries again. Was well into my first run before I realized the orange team could leave their little island. That was definitely a help on my second try. Near the end, I had a midtank and a regualr tank about out of fuel, but they were parked right next to the only factory black had/their main forces, so they just sat there and fired on stuff as black created it. Cheap? Yes, but effective. I also learned by accident where the secret lab was, so on my second run, I made sure to send an infantry unit up that way to capture it. So, mission 13 is done, slowly but surely we're making our way through these.

gamemaster712
1 month ago#27
Beat it....
A rank....
Oh well.

Onto the next less annoying one later

skater43
1 month ago#28
Well, mission 14 followed the usual trend of one failure before success. This time, though, the failure came pretty early. By day 5 or 6, I was already outnumbered not only in terms of shear number of units, but many of my groups were at less than full strength. So I gave up on that attempt fairly early. However, not before learning that I could hit sections of the pipes to release the bombs. So, attempt number 2, that became the focus point. Also learned that I could trigger the text of "wow, let's try out these new bombs" without having to actually use one. So I had all 6 to work with. Last 4 (from the right side of the map) didn't do much as I was in control of things by the time I got them out, but the left ones were pretty effective. Plus better use of the units I had and such. Did discover (I think, not 100% sure on this), that the bombs cut a units strength in half. The last 4 bombs I sent to about the same place to take out some units and looked like they took them from 2 to 1, but didn't destroy anything. Earlier bombs took units from 10 to 5, so that's why I'm thinking they cut the strength in half (and can't destroy units). Anyway, sure they'll be coming up in future missions, so we'll see.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#29
skater43 posted...
Did discover (I think, not 100% sure on this), that the bombs cut a units strength in half. The last 4 bombs I sent to about the same place to take out some units and looked like they took them from 2 to 1, but didn't destroy anything. Earlier bombs took units from 10 to 5, so that's why I'm thinking they cut the strength in half (and can't destroy units). Anyway, sure they'll be coming up in future missions, so we'll see.

Sorta. They way the Black Bombs work is that they reduce HP of anything they explode on by 5, but they are completely incapable of destroying a unit, so you'll reduce a unit to 1 HP at most.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

gamemaster712
1 month ago#30
One more down...
A rank...
But I totally wiped their bottom.
Another fog of war...
Great
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.