noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 months ago#41
The key to blobs is never ending a turn right next to them. Always blast them in one turn one by one.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 months ago#42
gamemaster712 posted...
The key to blobs is never ending a turn right next to them. Always blast them in one turn one by one.

Yeah, the game is particularly rude though and introduces them in a Fog of War mission with lots of forests.

You can tell how many are left by listening for move sounds though, they're pretty distinctive.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: skater43

skater43
2 months ago#43
Yeah, took a crack at mission 19 yesterday and didn't do well. I see that anything can damage them, but they can take a hit. Lost 3 or 4 units yesterday because I thought I was able to more damage than I did. Tried loading an infantry unit into a T copter, but got too close to the AA missiles while trying to avoid the blobs up that way and down they went. Based on the number of blobs and how much punishment they can take, going for the HQ is prolly the best bet, but isn't going to be easy. I'll see about trying again today.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

skater43
2 months ago#44
All right, mission 19 done! Didn't bother with most of the ooziums, I just went for the HQ. Sent the T copter up to try to get in, then after having my other infantry unit take the two com towers, sent them up in an APC. Got a little worried and things were looking grim after a few days and got myself boxed in a corner some. Lost both my attack copter and stealth plane that round as there was nowhere to go, and they weren't able to take out at least one of the ooziums that had me cornered. I did get lucky later though, in a move that proved the difference between success and failure. The oozium that starts near the HQ amongst the pipes, it had been creeping forward some to go after my airborne units trying for the HQ. It had a choice to either move to the left and get closer to one of my guys, or back up and block the access to the HQ/cities. It choose to go left, so I was able to walk in between the pipes with one infantry unit, and fly my T copter in and drop off the other one, right on the HQ. Took one of the cities, too, just for prestige points, but at that point, there was nothing the enemy could do to stop me from winning. AA missiles are great against air units at a distance (as I found out last attempt), but can't do jack against ground units (and while I didn't care about my T copter at that point as it had already dropped off it's load and victory was inevitable, I was happy to see the missiles couldn't attack it as it was too close). Anyway, my lowest score yet for power (55 points), but got full marks for speed (won on day 11) and most points for technique (92, in addition to the aforementioned air units I lost, I also lost my neotank on the first day because I thought I could do more damage than I did and was unable to finish off a blob), plus 120 points for the 3 blobs I did kill. B rank, but victory's a victory. And enough exp for Jake to hit rank 4 now (Rachel's 3 and everyone else is prolly 0 or 1). So, onward we go.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
2 months ago#45
I went for the com tower immediately to increase attack power. Blew every one of those slimes and casually blasted final missile launcher with a tank. I lost nobody on that one.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
2 months ago#46
Yeah, I sent a guy for the com towers, too, at least the ones closest to me (didn't bother with the ones in the upper left corner). Sure they made a difference, but those blobs still took quite a bit to take down.

Mission 20, though, went really well. Went with the "wipe 'em out strategy", so focused on taking out their units while they were still weak. Some of theirs got healed up and did some damage, but overall, I was in control of this fight from the start. Did send a couple of units down to go after the factory/missile silos/airport, but those mostly proved unnecessary (did launch a couple of missiles which weakened the enemy, so those helped). By day 4 or so, the enemy was down to about a quarter strength and a good third of his units were transport/missiles, so he was rather lacking in offensive power. A tag team at a favorable moment allowed me to take out both his rail guns and after that, it was basically mop up duty. Max points for speed (finished on day 11) and power, lost a few for technique (80's still pretty good though, and it was mostly the blue team that lost units), points for all the black crystals and 5 points for taking out a section of the pipe at the bottom, so we got ourselves an S rank for this one. So, another mission down, onto I guess the last "easy" one before things apparently get kicked up a few notches.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#47
I'm finally back so able to knock out a mission or two soon

gamemaster712
2 months ago#48
Slightly on hold but I'll do it...

skater43
2 months ago#49
Well, I took a crack at mission 21 yesterday and failed miserably. Day 5 they captured one of the missiles, and that was that. I had captured and launched 3 or 4 myself, so I was making progress, but they were able to get an APC over to one of the silos near the red team before I could. The time limit had me a little apprehensive at first, but after seeing the first few days go by in about 10 minutes, I realized time wouldn't be the biggest concern. I'll try again maybe tomorrow, but not sure what my plan is. I guess maybe go for the furthest silos first, since those are generally closest to the enemy, but this one is looking like it'll take more than a second try to beat.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#50
Seriously f*** that mission.
Days of ruin don't pull this crap
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived