noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: skater43

skater43
2 months ago#51
Mission 21 got me again, so my streak of beating a mission within 2 tries has ended. Day 5 again, but this time, it was the green team that lost the race to a missile. Made a couple of mistakes, though, so I'm hoping next attempt will be successful. Of course, my understanding is even after I launch all the missiles, I still have to wipe out the enemy or their super gun or something, so will have quite a fight on my hands, once I capture the missiles. But, we'll worry about getting those 9 missiles first, then see about whatever else needs to be done.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

skater43
2 months ago#52
Now that's frustrating/annoying: lost on a tag team. On Day 5 again, naturally. But I was actually in good shape to that point. Red had launched all their missiles. Blue had launched 2 of theirs and I had an infantry right next to the third missile, so he would have launched it next turn. Green had launched one missile, I had two infantry units in the area: I was sitting on one of the last missiles (so could move out of the way and let the infantry on), enemy was on the other, but weakened, so I might have been able to take it out, or at least hopefully block his infantry from moving in. But no. They got a tag off, moved off the missile on the first part of their turn, moved the infantry up, then infantry took the missile on the second part of the turn. Which, if I were them, is exactly how I would have done it. Just a bummer for me. Enemy was capturing a bunch of cities and stuff, so I don't know how well I would have done for the main fight anyway, but it would be nice to at least get to that point.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 months ago#53
I'm gonna use a video walk through to at least give enough help on all 9 silo...
Then we smash it all.
What a bs mission
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

skater43
2 months ago#54
You're on this one, too? I thought you were past it already. Yeah, just failed it again. Tag on day 5 and green lost out. Thought I had things kinda boxed in and protected, but they were able to get around with the extra turn. I did learn this time, though, that green and red have airports at the start. You prolly already realized this, but I hadn't. Didn't make a difference this time, but it may, using a T copter and an APC to get a couple of infantry units to the missiles faster. Red airport don't think will help much for this first part, but if/when we launch all the missiles, then for the ensuing battle, airpower may play a role.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#55
Dude I failed like 5x already....
The silo at sea is the major one...
The rest I have my general ways.
I'll try tomorrow despite soulsilver fun
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

User Info: Changlini

Changlini
2 months ago#56
Hang in there guys.

I can't remember how I beat mission 21, but my weakest link was always Green Team's farthest missiles.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#57
Changlini posted...
Hang in there guys.

I can't remember how I beat mission 21, but my weakest link was always Green Team's farthest missiles.

It's usually the blue for me.
Stupid single island silo!!!

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
2 months ago#58
Colin's great on Blue for a single cheap Black Boat + Infantry you can usually capture that silo before Black Hole gets anywhere near it.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

skater43
2 months ago#59
I don't use Colin, but whatever the default COs are, but making a black boat and getting an infantry over there hasn't been a problem thus far. First failing was red, enemy got an APC over to the far one before I did. Since then, I've learned to go for that first, then send a couple infantry for the closer ones. But yeah, green ones have been the problem I've been running into. First move is create an infantry and then use that to take over the second factory there by the other green buildings, but maybe using that first infantry to go for the missiles, then create another infantry to capture the second factory would be better. Especially because I can use the airport to create a T copter to get the first infantry to the missiles, rather than making an APC like I had been. Hmm.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#60
After some toil and luck I blasted the stupid ass sattelite down...
Then it was only a matter of time.
My win was anticlimactic....
Nonetheless I blew those bastards a good one.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived