noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

User Info: skater43

skater43
2 months ago#61
Nice job, gm! :) I've managed to take out the satellite myself and am in the midst of the ensuing battle currently. Can't say it's going well, but things aren't in terrible shape yet. Frankly, I almost blew it again launching the missiles in that I dropped off a guy on the island silo, then next turn transported him over to the enemy side of things to take a city and forgot to launch the missile. Fortunately, while they took some losses, I was able to get the unit back to the island and launch the missile. So, we'll see how the rest of the battle goes.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 months ago#62
Once the sattelite goes down it's about holding grounds and gaining territory. Use a bomber to send that stupid giant cannon into scraps. After that it should mostly be cake. Take whatever factories and airport you can and advance. I had to delete some units because it was too many.

Next mission will be only 2/3 as annoying.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#63
One more down.
After so much slow turtle plus hit and run we beat it...
Total wreck at end too...
Now for a muddy annoying mission.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
2 months ago#64
gamemaster712 posted...
Once the sattelite goes down it's about holding grounds and gaining territory.

Yeah, I failed to do either. Held out until day 18 when the red team was destroyed. Didn't bother after that. So, back to square one and trying to take down the satellite again, then seeing if we can do better in the ensuing battle.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
2 months ago#65
Might want to check those CO skills

skater43
2 months ago#66
Yeah, I was thinking I need to change at least the blue team. The defectors take way too long to fill their star meter. Not that blue is doing much or that a tag is going to prove decisive at this point, but an extra turn is still an extra turn.

So I tried again with Colin and Sasha on blue, Rachel and Jake still on red, and Jess and Sensei on green. Blue was actually doing okay, red was hanging in there, but green had a couple of unfortunate setbacks and with the enemy getting a tag, lost the game for me. The game does give some recommendations of COs when you fail, so I really should heed some of what they say, though considering I really haven't been playing with people's skills/abilities in mind thus far, not sure it'll make much of a difference. But we'll try again tomorrow and see what we can do.

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
2 months ago#67
Blue doesn't get much meter on Crystal Calamity. They don't fight much to begin with. Also, green goes right before Black Hole, which is why you'd want Sasha on that team, simply to be able to Market Crash to directly stop the Tag Power.
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

gamemaster712
2 months ago#68
Red and green does most of the beating...
Green needs Colin and Sasha for bombers and whatnot later.

skater43
2 months ago#69
Well, failed earlier today but in the middle of a new attempt currently. Day 7 and just took out the satellite (so in, what, 7, 8 tries now, maybe a couple more, this makes the second time I've actually done that). Frankly, I almost blew it by thinking blue missiles were pretty safe, so went after one of the com towers. Only to see an enemy APC drop off an infantry near the last missile. Fortunately, my guy was able to get over in time, otherwise it would have been another game over. Overall, red team's (Rachel and Jake) not looking real great, but the enemy isn't pressing them much. Their megatank is weakened, but I'm sure it's going to head for the obelisk to get healed and prolly nothing I can do to stop it. Blue's (Javier and Grimm) looking good, though I need to take out the enemy midtank over there, plus deal with the infantry they just dropped off. Green's (Colin and Sasha)obviously getting the brunt of the attack and holding on. Lot of weakened enemy units in their area, so we'll see about finishing some of them off. Then I guess we start seeing what we can do about taking out the obelisk. With as much trouble as this mission has been, can't say I'm looking forward to later ones, but we'll see.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#70
Well...
Some of the next ones have limited days to defeat all enemies...

It's a good thing dats of ruin don't have much of this unbalanced crap
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived