noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this
Second front should have Javier because of the Comm Towers.
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 week ago#92
MasterKnight75 posted...
Second front should have Javier because of the Comm Towers.

Solid choice too
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

gamemaster712
5 days ago#93
Another one down.
Pretty much perfect follow from video.
340 points.
S rank.

Hawke and grit rules!
Next one another day.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 days ago#94
Almost had this one, just ran out of days. 2 or 3 more days, I prolly would have had it. Took the airport and was getting bombers out, but the enemy was at the opposite side of the map by the factory mostly. Lost the second front about halfway through, so that didn't help, but I was holding my own. Had I paid attention to the fact that the volcanoes are controlled by the opposite front, I prolly wouldn't have bothered taking the cities around the volcano and used my guys to take other cities, the airport instead. Grit on the main front was definitely a good call, but Javier didn't work out for me on the second one. Now, maybe that was because I let the AI run that one. But we'll try again and see what Hawke can do for me.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
3 days ago#95
Manual control....
It's better and more reliable

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 day ago#96
Victory! Actually, this one wasn't too bad. Got drug out because of other stuff, but I think it only took 3 tries to beat. Had Hawke up top and left it in AI control, but this time I actually sent him some units to help out. In fact, near the end, I was mostly sending stuff up just to rub it in and see about conquering the second front (I did. With a day to spare, but a win's a win. Unfortunately, that meant dealing with the volcano the whole time on the lower front, but since most of my units were in the middle part of the map, it didn't do much damage). Remembered to take out the black boats, too, as opportunity arose, just to get rid of them so I didn't have to worry about failing because I ran out of days and couldn't get a unit to them to do enough damage to take them out. But finished with max points, or I think max points for this map. Got 100 each for speed, power and technique, plus 40 points for taking out the blob, so I think this is the best points-wise that I've done on any map. So, another one down, onto mission 25. "Surrounded" this doesn't sound like a happy place, but I guess we need to see who's surrounding who.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 day ago#97
It's another time sensitive mission.
Wheee.
😑

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 day ago#98
Time limit's pretty lenient in that level. You'll either win or hard fail way before the time becomes relevant.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

gamemaster712
1 day ago#99
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Time limit's pretty lenient in that level. You'll either win or hard fail way before the time becomes relevant.

Still annoying though.
Least the later ones are more tolerable.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  3. noob and a salty vet take a crack at this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.