Is it possible to broadcast DS games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo DS
  3. Is it possible to broadcast DS games?

User Info: AnghellicKarma

AnghellicKarma
4 years ago#1
I was considering creating a few gameplay videos for some games on multiple systems, one of which is the Nintendo DS.
The problem I have is: how would I go about capturing this? I was thinking of doing a web stream, similar to how I see sometimes done on Twitch.tv

Granted, the games broadcast there are PC games, but it's actually a special event I'm considering and I'm wondering if it's possible at all to somehow broadcast gameplay from the Nintendo DS through the service (or something similar). I mean, I've seen gameplay videos done on IGN video (p)reviews, so it must be possible... right?

I know about video capture cards for the PC, and I've even seen this FAQ at Twitch.tv as it relates to broadcasting console games:
http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/792769-how-to-broadcast-console-games

But what about handhelds? I know the Sony PSP (one of the aforementioned systems) has a component cable so you can play on your TV, so maybe that would work for that system, but what about for the Nintendo DS?

Anyone have any ideas/tips/etc.?

User Info: Paromin

Paromin
4 years ago#2
IS Nitro-capture, costs a lot.
Do it yourself solution, complicated, pretty much needs an experience in electronics
Emulator, requires a fairly good PC to run the Emulator and Video Recording programs.
Mount DS and Camera on a stand
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd

User Info: Skygor_II

Skygor_II
4 years ago#3
If you go the camera route:
* Darken the entire room as much as possible.
* Set the DS backlight to maximum.
* Affix the DS so that it doesn't move around at all.
backloggery.com/skygor

User Info: AnghellicKarma

AnghellicKarma
4 years ago#4
Hmm, well two of the games are straight DS games, where two others are GBA games... is there a GBA broadcast solution, for at least those two games?

User Info: Paromin

Paromin
4 years ago#5
GBA games can be played on a Gamecube. Also GBA emulators are much much much less of a load. So you won't need that powerful of a PC to record or even do a live stream
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo DS
  3. Is it possible to broadcast DS games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived