Will evolving a pokemon late lower its stats?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. Will evolving a pokemon late lower its stats?

User Info: djhdfjhnkdjfhnk

djhdfjhnkdjfhnk
7 years ago#1
Chimchar evolves at level 14, but learns Nasty Plot (sharply raises sp atk) at level 23. if i wait until level 23 to evolve it, will its stats be lower than if i evolved it at level 14? since Chimchar has lower stat gains than Monferno?

User Info: Elider

Elider
7 years ago#2
No, it won't. It doesn't matter when you evolve a Pokémon, its stats will be the same.
Pokemon Diamond Version: 2706 8992 9335
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 5413 1491 5440

User Info: Chaos Genesis

Chaos Genesis
7 years ago#3
It's times like these I wish people weren't afraid of math; one read of the stat formula would put all these questions to rest once and for all.
PKMN HeartGold: 5414-2589-3228 | SSBB: 4253-3152-9910
ACCF: David @ Mac Anu 3008-2385-3167

djhdfjhnkdjfhnk
7 years ago#4
thanks pizzus.

and chaos, i truly appreciate that incredibly useful and thoughtful answer. ever considered the fact that i might not be aware of what a "stat formula" is? keep in mind that not everyone's as educated in the respected field of pokemon as you are.

User Info: AbsoluteBlack

AbsoluteBlack
7 years ago#5
^Keep in mind that not everyone is as ineducated in the wonderful fields of Google and Spelling as you are.
http://aevelocity.com/ Webcomic of awesome.
You should read it.

User Info: jellsprout

jellsprout
7 years ago#6
Stat = (((2 * BaseStat + IV + (EV / 4)) * Level / 100 + 5) * Nature)
For HP the formula is: HP = ((2 * BaseStat + IV + (EV / 4)) * Level / 100 + Level + 10)

There isn't any term there for Level of Evolution. Therefor, the level of evolution doesn't matter.
ars adeo latet arte sua

User Info: CBAriadosFTW

CBAriadosFTW
7 years ago#7
Don't insult TC; His idea is quite common among newer people and is definitely not intuitively obvious. I mean, it would seem, to somebody who doesn't know the stat formula and doesn't even know that there really is one, that the longer you spend training as a more powerful pokemon, the stronger you'll be.

There are some bad questions, but this doesn't really warrant sarcasm IMO.
The Ninja Spider --- Platinum FC: 0818 0004 7798
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." - H. L. Mencken

djhdfjhnkdjfhnk
7 years ago#8
^Keep in mind that not everyone is as ineducated in the wonderful fields of Google and Spelling as you are.

feel free to point out a word that i spelled wrong. And please explain how I would google "stat formula" if i wasn't aware of it in the first place. logic is a beautiful thing, you should look into it. <3

User Info: AbsoluteBlack

AbsoluteBlack
7 years ago#9
I meant grammar, really. Also, googling 'pokemon evolve stats' or searching 'evolve' on this very board would give you your answer. Assuming who you are talking too isn't a jerk is a beautiful thing, you should look into it.
http://aevelocity.com/ Webcomic of awesome.
You should read it.

User Info: Ravenius_sors

Ravenius_sors
7 years ago#10
How dare the topic creator ask questions about a game on a site and message board intended to help players?

DAMN YOU TC
Erlose mich
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Diamond Version
  3. Will evolving a pokemon late lower its stats?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived