Ways to make a Chicken run less frustrating (SPOILERS)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  3. Ways to make a Chicken run less frustrating (SPOILERS)

User Info: NINFanboy

NINFanboy
9 years ago#1
I want to unlock all emblems and at the moment I'm doing a Chicken run. For those who don't know: Chicken is the worst rank you can get, because you need some serious skills to **** things up.

To get chicken you need at least:

-) 150 alerts
-) 500 kills
-) 50 continues
-) 35 hours play time
-) 50 health items used

Since this run is pretty frustrating to do (35 ****ing hours???) here are some things you can do while doing the Chicken run:

-) Combine this run with other runs. Like do the rolls, spend 1 hour in a box/drumcan, lie on the ground for 1 hour, crouch for 2 and a half hours, etc. Since you practically have unlimited time check out the other ranks and their requirements and see what you can combine.

-) Find as many easter eggs as possible.

-) Unlock the stealth camo and the bandana before doing the Chicken run. If you do other runs as well the stealth camo comes in handy (like when you have to slit 100 throats)

-) Make sure to do the 500 kills in the first two acts, because they are the only ones that have areas with unlimited PMC troops supplies.

-) The safest way to get the 150 alerts is to find an area with only scarabs and no other enemies (there are some places like that in Act 3) and to equip the bandana and the chaff grenades. Let them spot you, chaff them, wait till they function again (try to PPK them off the platforms to kill some time - it's fun) and repeat. Though it still is tiresome. Try to get lots of alerts in Acts 1 and 2 so you won't have to do this for too long.

-) Watch all the cutscenes again. You've got so much time to kill. Besides, now that you know the story and the plot twists it's kinda interesting to watch some scenes again.

-) Find a quiet place, hide Snake, turn off the TV (to avoid the image from burning in), leave the PS3 running and spend some time here, telling us more tips for the Chicken run.
"Who's using the family brain cell at the moment?" - Black Adder

NINFanboy
9 years ago#2
Can't believe how fast this board is...

NINFanboy
9 years ago#3
*bumps one last time*

User Info: revenance

revenance
9 years ago#4
you can kill alot of time in act 3 as it's a great place to get emblems for hold-ups (50), searches (50), injections (50) (the syringe counts, not just scanning plug) and choke hold kills (100) as all the pmcs are restored if you leave the area, then return.
You can get all the Continues in Act 1 by killing a member of Rat Patrol during the FROG fight.
PSN: MightySammich
XBL: AlmightySammich

User Info: jathuamin

jathuamin
9 years ago#6
find "fun" ways to get kills in the first 2 acts...
1. get found, stealth camo, and fire at will
2. Suicide a few times with the larger explosives (javalin, rpg, etc)
3. lots of explosives at spawn points.
4. any turrets are great fun against the rebels as well.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. (lord Acton)

User Info: Kosmonoko

Kosmonoko
9 years ago#7
I'm currently trying to attempt it by getting as many emblems as possible. One thing that is frustrating me is doing 200 side rolls.I checked my mission briefing it said i did 1 side roll but i know i did more than that.
I did front rolls, looked at the playboys, feed the rebels, etc. wall hug, hide in the box, combat high crouch, pick up alot of weapons, eat lots of rations etc.
I still haven't had the time to hold up people or do the ant.

NINFanboy
9 years ago#8
If you're short on health items, although you still have to use plenty of them: receive damage, heal yourself, die and continue. Repeat. Even though you use the same health item again and again it still counts as multiple health items in your statistics.

User Info: revenance

revenance
9 years ago#9
side roll has to be roll to a complete stop, not just rolling rolling rolling.

NINFanboy
9 years ago#10
-) collect songs

-) for one rank you need to pick up 400 weapons/tems, so take the weapons from everybody you kill.

-) do the same boss fights a few times to test all kinds of strategies. Might come in handy when you plan to do a Big Boss run and need quick ways to end battles.

-) adjust the game speed to find your preferred settings. Apparantly faster speed makes the Act 3 chase sequence more easy in a BB run.

-) collect DP and shop
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  3. Ways to make a Chicken run less frustrating (SPOILERS)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived