Warming Up a Planet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Spore
  3. Warming Up a Planet

User Info: Commander_Bosko

Commander_Bosko
9 years ago#1
The mission I am currently on I have to terraform this planet into a T1 planet. I have the atmosphere at the right level, but the planet is too cold. How do I warm it up?

User Info: SlyClone2k

SlyClone2k
9 years ago#2
Find the meteor shower tool at an allied planet - make sure you dont get Ice Storm instead.
"doen 3 times making will wright head pop up the 3 times - i barley did it" - Freded1234
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Quoth - XBLA-GT: QuothAge

User Info: Lord Blade

Lord Blade
9 years ago#3
Meteor Shower or Heat Ray works wonders.
You can't spell "ignorance" without IGN.

User Info: Commander_Bosko

Commander_Bosko
9 years ago#4
tyvm

User Info: Neonivek

Neonivek
9 years ago#5
Just a tip: When you find the heat or cold ray... BUY IT!!!

It saves you a TON of cash in the Short AND Long Run... (Dang Overpriced Teraforming devices)
Gamefaqs/Gamespot Sporepedia Tag= GFAQS
Sporepedia: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=srch-Neonivek

User Info: Fubarjurph

Fubarjurph
9 years ago#6
There are two axes (temperature / pressure) you can adjust to terraform. You can add or subtract either, so you have four one-shot devices for those simple fixes:

- atmosphere generator
- drought generator
- ice storm
- meteor storm

Each costs about $150K, does a static amount of heating/cooling/whatever, and is a one-shot. Then you also have the ship hardware that uses ship energy to do the same effect. These cost $450K (base, discounts available with friendly or allied planets) but they have a bunch of advantages. First of all they turn battery power (free at home, or at least dirt-cheap) into terraforming. Second, they can be used for major or minor adjustments, so you don't run into the problem of blowing a $150K one-shot and finding that it didn't quite get you to T2... and now you need to go back and buy two of them. In other words, the $450K price tag is exactly what you would spend on a single botched terraforming run.

The ship add-ons are unlocked by doing environmental missions, but I think you can get there by just bringing wildlife to a bunch of new planets. Once you get the add-ons, the game changes drastically - for an all-green player (peaceful/shaman) you can spend your whole energy reserve on terraforming a planet, then "hearthstone" home and recharge for free... which means you can make all of your colonies T3 with maxed-out turrets. The colony upgrades are still expensive, but the terraforming is essentially free.

TL;DR - Buy the ship addons, and don't waste your money on one-shots!
  1. Boards
  2. Spore
  3. Warming Up a Planet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived