can't crack safe need help!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: arko1983

arko1983
9 years ago#1

I am playing Mission 5- China/Shanghai but the safe wont open.i keep on pressing the directional keys but the round things wont bulge tried on both the safe's but to no effect. tried restarting the mission but did not work .installed the latest patches also.please help!!!!

User Info: Icenull

Icenull
9 years ago#2
it was a glitch/bug when UBI was porting the analog stick control scheme (from X360) over to the PC scroll wheel

in english, what i am trying to say is sam needs to be in 'run mode' not 'walk mode' in order to crack safes

so simply roll your mouse wheel forward (i.e put sam in run mode) and u r good to go
i remember playing on a laptop with a touchpad/ no mouse wheel - i had to reconfigure the keyboard buttons

one more thing, i would actually recommend using the X360 controller to crack safes because u can use the up & down direction on the analog stick to make the cracking go slower and hit the target spot

where as if u only use the left & right arrow keys on the keyboard, u will curse & swear "a few" times, trust me, before u hit the right spot simply because there is no way to do it slowly

a terrible glitch in the control scheme for PC keyboard users.

also as a result of this glitch u can only strafe backward when crouching/walking with the controller (move the analog stick backwards softly/slowly)

User Info: ilpav

ilpav
9 years ago#3
I found it to be pretty easy to crack the safes with the arrow keys. When I get really close to finishing one of the three circles. I just tap the arrow key slightly until it gets into position.

User Info: Icenull

Icenull
9 years ago#4
ilpav posted...
I found it to be pretty easy to crack the safes with the arrow keys. When I get really close to finishing one of the three circles. I just tap the arrow key slightly until it gets into position.

i guess my keyboard buttons are a little bit jumpy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived