Help it keeps crashing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
  3. Help it keeps crashing

User Info: pointyhair01

pointyhair01
9 years ago#1
Now, I know lucasarts games have a tendency to crash a lot, but this one crashes EVERY damn level. What usually happens is, I'm near the end, the enemy has 4 or so men left, and *crash* I have to shut off my computer. I've done everything-reinstalled, lowered the graphics, upgraded my graphics card, etc- to no avail.

I have an XP with 2.20 Ghz and 512 megs of RAM. Help me out.
---a
You should go to school dressed as Indiana Jones tomorrow. This will throw the cops off the trail. ~Rufus1186

User Info: justinlandsley

justinlandsley
9 years ago#2

Greetings. I am Evix Jhredmo.

I have the same problem. I am forced to hit the restart button on my tower. I have reinstalled, messed with settings, and posted on LucasArts tech support and gotten no help. Please, someone reply with some advice. This is really annoying.

-Evix

User Info: darthrugg

darthrugg
9 years ago#3
just read this and am very sorry to say I have no solution but I feel for you I will start shearching for the answer myself ......
I like friendly fire as long as it is friendly to the enemy

User Info: justinlandsley

justinlandsley
9 years ago#4

Thank you, darth. It means a lot to have some help. I shall continue my search and report progress hither.

G'day.

-Evix

User Info: Scaretale

Scaretale
9 years ago#5
That sucks. This game froze my computer once and that was my own fault, I installed a mod which wasn't compatible with my version or something. I bought this game for $9.99 at Wal-Mart so it wouldn't have been a big deal anyway.
(36) Oscillations of the flying red deer, flying red deer of the Zed sphere!

User Info: Corran_Mitsik

Corran_Mitsik
9 years ago#6
I don't have that particular problem but for me the game loads up fine but once I hit the button to play through single player as soon as the map is done loading it crashes to desktop. Any help would be great.
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl(Wii), Actraiser(Wii), Command&Conquer3:Kane's Wrath(PC)

User Info: Tom7666

Tom7666
9 years ago#7
try the patch available on gamespot. i knew someone with the same problen and that fixed it

User Info: Corran_Mitsik

Corran_Mitsik
9 years ago#8
I tried the patch and that didn't work but when looking through all the locked threads I found this one and it worked for me. http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=927129&topic=41791530

Not sure how enabling a random sound device fixed it but it did.
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl(Wii), Actraiser(Wii), Command&Conquer3:Kane's Wrath(PC)

darthrugg
9 years ago#9
sorry guys I have not found any thing yet....

darthrugg
9 years ago#10
I had a different problem and this thread made it work for me!
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
  3. Help it keeps crashing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived