Which is the best Sly game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
  3. Which is the best Sly game?

User Info: windmill145

windmill145
8 years ago#1
I'm thinking of giving the Sly franchise a try, Out of the 3 titles, which you do you consider the best of the franchise?
As soon as you arm yourself in preparation for a fight, you're tipping the scales and tossing away your pride in the process-Doppo Orochi/ MGS:PO=windmill145

User Info: Franesco2

Franesco2
8 years ago#2

while all of them are no doubt great. i would have to say the second one, Band of Thieves

but of course while your at it just go for the whole series

User Info: gameace17

gameace17
8 years ago#3
If you are just starting, you should play the first, second, then third for the story
---
If you can read this, then you are too close to the screen.

User Info: slyfan926

slyfan926
8 years ago#4
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
www.youtube.com/user/slyfan926
www.youtube.com/user/TifaRinoaGarnetYuna

User Info: osopinguino99

osopinguino99
8 years ago#5
definitely the second
"It was my ass!" -Bill Engvall

User Info: windmill145

windmill145
8 years ago#6
Great, thanks for the response, I'll buy Sly 2 first and if I like it I'll buy part 1&3.
As soon as you arm yourself in preparation for a fight, you're tipping the scales and tossing away your pride in the process-Doppo Orochi / MGS:PO=windmill145

User Info: Sonic_The_H

Sonic_The_H
8 years ago#7
I liked the Third the best. There were no bad games, but the second annoyed me. Act 3 was a pain in the ass. I also hated all the key lock pick pocketing.
"WHERE THE **** IS THE BACTINE?"
Name: Zero. Town: Scars. FC: 5370-4577-4430

User Info: Clock_Man_X

Clock_Man_X
8 years ago#8
HELL no! Sly 2 was full of glitches, was short, and you can't redo missions without restarting the whole game. Besides, the graphics are really dull and ruin the mood of the game.

Sly 3 is definitely the best. Darkened bold colors, fun extra missions, and unlockables that are definitely worth it...plus, multiplayer.
Obey Strawberryclock...OBEY HIM!!!
(ClockCrew)

User Info: Condora

Condora
8 years ago#9
I'm replaying Sly 3 right now but I'd have to give my vote to Sly 2 as my favorite in the series. I loved the exotic locations and collecting bottles. Dancing the tango with Carmelita rocked. It's a bit on the easy side but still fun. The drawback is there aren't any extras like movie clips or gallery pics that you can unlock if you achieve 100% on all the levels.

OTOH while I like Sly 3, I found it a bit hard on some missions. I can't do the Master Thief time limit challenges because I'm not that fast. I also wish there were some bottles to collect because I'm good at prowling around and hunting for secret items. That's more fun for me. :)

User Info: Roddy100

Roddy100
8 years ago#10
Definitely Sly 2 for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
  3. Which is the best Sly game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived