Do you think AWD cars have an acceleration advantage?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  3. Do you think AWD cars have an acceleration advantage?

User Info: dark_minun

dark_minun
8 years ago#1
In real life, the added traction provided by having four wheels propelling the car rather than two will help and All Wheel Drive car to accelerate considerably better than a similar Rear or Front Wheel Drive vehicle.

Simulation racers, such as Forza Motorsport 2, emulate this quite well.

Now I always thought that the Lambo Gallardo, which is AWD in real life, accelerated a bit better than the cars near it (Corvette, Ford GT, Porsche Carrera) but it was never really different enough to prove anything.

Now I see a very significant difference, and I'm wondering: has anyone else noticed the same thing in this game? I was never too sure if this game was realistic enough for that.

BTW: AWD cars in this game: Gallardo, Audi TT, Lancer, Subaru WRX. Correct me if I missed one, I think that's all.
Bring back Vanilla Coke in Canada!! (started: 02/01/2009)

dark_minun
8 years ago#2
Maybe I should do a scientific test. But that would involve effort . . . . . . .
Bring back Vanilla Coke in Canada!! (started: 02/01/2009)

dark_minun
8 years ago#3
dwnq
Bring back Vanilla Coke in Canada!! (started: 01/02/2009)
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  3. Do you think AWD cars have an acceleration advantage?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived