This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RROD Q&A's

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

User Info: Cormano

Cormano
9 years ago#41
here's a question:

I'm on my second 360 and recently I've been experiencing the signs that I will red ring. All the graphics in my game are corrupted, menus will not load, I get static. These are all thing that happened when I got the ring last time.

The problem is that even though I have all these problems that make the game unplayable, the 360 will not show the red rings.

Should I just send it in claiming it got a RRoD?
or is there a way to make it red ring?
Brute Force: If it's not working, you probably aren't using enough...

User Info: tehleetowner

tehleetowner
9 years ago#42
[QUOTE]
I got the RROD, I turned the 360 off and now it's working again. What's happening?

This will happen, it could still last for a while. You can still play for a little while, but eventually it will die completely. Just call Microsoft and save you self some trouble.

[/QUOTE]

How long is "a little while"

~~~~~~

User Info: DarkLink_Hyrule

DarkLink_Hyrule
9 years ago#43
Mine lasted for 2 days before dieing, but I have heard of people who have had the 360 work for a week or two before died.
Gamertag: GrimDarkHart
Currently Playing: Halo 3, Dead Rising and The Orange Box

User Info: politicos

politicos
9 years ago#44
Question: they return my 360 by say, 10/01/08. It dies again 4/3/09 (3 years and a day from original purchase. New warranty as of 10/01/08 or, out of luck 4/3/09?

No need to answer if posted previously in this topic. I'm looking through it now.
Don't you make me use UPPERCASE!!!

User Info: politicos

politicos
9 years ago#45
/\: Nope, not answered here yet: Question: they return my 360 by say, 10/01/08. It dies again 4/3/09. New warranty as of 10/01/08 or, out of luck 4/3/09?
Don't you make me use UPPERCASE!!!

User Info: camman723

camman723
9 years ago#46
does anyone even answer our questions??
~camman723~

DarkLink_Hyrule
9 years ago#47
All repairs provide a one year warranty from the date of repair, or continuation of the original warranty (whichever is longer).

DarkLink_Hyrule
9 years ago#48
"i got 2 questions first of all my xbox 360 was a gift, so there's no receipt will they still replace it?
2nd my xbox got the 1 red flashing light which i read says One red light signifies a major hardware failure, for which there is no recovery and the console must be completely replaced, will microsoft still replace that?"

A receipt isn't needed to get you 360 replaced if you sending it to Microsoft, if returning to a store it depends on store policy.
They will repair the console but not for free, I think it's about $100. Microsoft only replaces the RROD for free.
(message deleted)

User Info: camman723

camman723
9 years ago#50
oh thanks 100 is better than buying a new one
nd it died like 3 days ago nd today i just tried turning it on nd it worked for like 30mins then froze but no red rings idk if its fix but should i still send it in?
~camman723~
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. RROD Q&A's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed