This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you care about achievements?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you care about achievements?

User Info: Haseo_Hacker

Haseo_Hacker
6 years ago#1
I myself unlock as much as I could, but my number one goal when buying a game is enjoying it, understanding the story and completing it. If it is a game I have truly enjoyed I unlock as much achievements as I can. How about you?

User Info: B_D_M

B_D_M
6 years ago#2
I used to play games that had easier Achievements when I was a bit younger just for a bigger GS, but now I just play games that I enjoy. In saying that I'll still try to attain all the Achievements that game has to offer. They add a lot of replayability to a game IMO.
Xbox Live: Puff Braddy PSN: BraddyJ
http://gamercards.exophase.com/79023.png

User Info: Doktor_Wilhelm

Doktor_Wilhelm
6 years ago#3
I like Achievements, they push me to play a game in ways that I may not usually (such as on higher difficulties or via sneaking through a stage instead of just shooting my way through); but I'm not too bothered by gamerscore (aslong as I have a higher gamer score than my friends, I'm happy).
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees

User Info: Arucard05

Arucard05
6 years ago#4
Love Achievements, don't care too much about Gamerscore. I almost never let getting Achievements ruin the fun for me. For Bioshock 2, I started playing on Hard to get the Achievement, but I just wasn't enjoying it so I turned it down to Normal. With the Orange Box though, I stopped playing Half Life Episode 2 all together because of the Rocket Man Achievement (seriously, I hate that car).

User Info: urnitemare

urnitemare
6 years ago#5
^ Weird. Thats the same reason I stopped playing Episode 2.

On topic: I try to get as many achievements in any game I own but I won't play a game just for achievements.
"It takes an idiot to do cool things that's why it's cool"- Flcl
GT - Hawk082

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
6 years ago#6

Love Achievements, don't care too much about Gamerscore.

This. Unfortunately cheevos can ruin the experience for me, I have to get as many as I can, I strive for 100%. And I find I can't invest in any games that don't have them--I can start playing one, but without cheevos I'll lose interest before I'm half done.
"What we have created are not an art but products. I always tell staff to call Nintendo games products, not an art." -Miyamoto

User Info: ElusiveOneX

ElusiveOneX
6 years ago#7
I care none at all about gamerscore but completion percentage is a big deal to me. With that said I don't like picking up games where I know most of the achievements are online and the game is dead. I also refuse to boost with people, I like achievements but it's not that big of a deal.

You know what nags me more than anything? DLC achievements being added to games when I don't have the DLC. I also refuse to buy DLC just to keep my percentage at 100%, I know Microsoft does this intentionally to annoy achievement hunters.

User Info: joker_cards

joker_cards
6 years ago#8
For me achievements add more gameplay time. My first play through on a game i usually just play through to get a feel and learn the world/levels. After that I'll up the difficulty and try an achievement or two. Plus it adds a little competition to myself and my brother. And some games have avatar awards which kinda push me to do certain ones over others. I don't care much for avatars, but if I own a game that has awards I might as well unlock them.
I am a proud Xbox 360 owner and I do not own, like, or play any Halo games!
XBL Gamertag: jokercards89

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
6 years ago#9

I also refuse to boost with people, I like achievements but it's not that big of a deal.

<3 I hate incomplete games, but if I can't do it legit, I wont do it.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." -Molyneux

User Info: billian32185

billian32185
6 years ago#10
Sometimes it matters if it's a game I really enjoy...but I tried to enhance my score by playing games I didn't like and I was miserable.

It's a nice thing to add replayability...but I guess I'm not hardcore enough to chase my score anymore.
6/21/11-10 years on GameFAQs!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you care about achievements?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived