This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any way to extend ethernet cable?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. any way to extend ethernet cable?

User Info: IvIOnSt3R

IvIOnSt3R
5 years ago#1
My wireless adapter doesn't work (tried it at my friends house and it didnt work and I tried his adapter at my house and it did work). I have been using a 50 ethernet cord to connect to xbox live but now we got Comcast internet so we had to move the router and now the cord doesnt stretch, I need like 10 more feet and I have a 12 foot cord. My question is, is there like an extension cord type thing for ethernet cables? thanks,

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
5 years ago#2
You can use an ethernet coupler but diehards may advice to instead just get 100 foot cable or a 75 foot cable instead, it may be a cleaner connection. The extra distance isn't going to slow anything down.
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mentioned this once before?

CapwnD
5 years ago#3
http://www.cat-5-cable-company.com/faq-cat5-coupler.html

Something I found on the matter.

User Info: sullynation

sullynation
5 years ago#4
In the setup at my old apartment, I had to run a 100' ethernet cable down the stairs and around the living room to my roommates xbox. It was hardly noticeable along the baseboard.

Check sites like Monoprice.com and eBay for a cord that long under $10
GT:C S 2 O
I have a complicated relationship with zombies. They're dangerous, but I love their swagger.

CapwnD
5 years ago#5
IIRC Monoprice is not the place to buy ethernet, it's over priced. I do like Monoprice, but not for ethernet.

Amazon usually has ethernet for cheaper.

User Info: sullynation

sullynation
5 years ago#6
I have never bought cables from monoprice, but I've checked it out and many people around these boards like it.

The eBay seller I used for the 100' Cat 5e and a 6' HDMI was CablesOne. I cant find them, but here are 100' Cat 5e cables in every color for $7.50 shipped.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=100+ft+ethernet&_sacat=See-All-Categories

or you can get the flat Cat 6 for about double that.
GT:C S 2 O
I have a complicated relationship with zombies. They're dangerous, but I love their swagger.

CapwnD
5 years ago#7
I like Monoprice for HDMI and for AV cables.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. any way to extend ethernet cable?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived