The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Achievements on Original Xbox games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Achievements on Original Xbox games

User Info: Game_Freak17

Game_Freak17
5 years ago#1
do original xbox games like the ones you can download from the marketplace offer achievements?
Buildings Burn, People Die, But Real Love Is Forever

User Info: RycerX

RycerX
5 years ago#2
Nope.

User Info: Game_Freak17

Game_Freak17
5 years ago#3
thats upsetting. Microsoft needs to step there game up
Buildings Burn, People Die, But Real Love Is Forever

User Info: Mutant1988

Mutant1988
5 years ago#4
It's not as easy as you think it is to retrospectively implement achievements of 4-9 year old games.
To all Trolls - Pretending to be an idiot... Makes you an idiot.

User Info: liquidblue4

liquidblue4
5 years ago#5
lmao @ "step their game up"

up to what? they basically invented and popularized achievements, and no other console has achievements for older games like that either.
So... yeah.
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4

User Info: Arucard05

Arucard05
5 years ago#6
They don't, but I'd sure as hell buy a lot more (read: any) if they did have Achievements. Same with Indie games.
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
5 years ago#7

They don't, but I'd sure as hell buy a lot more (read: any) if they did have Achievements. Same with Indie games.

This, this, this!!!
"It's no longer (our) job to think up the rules; (our) job is to dissect gamers' preferences and build a world they can get addicted to." -Kojima

User Info: RycerX

RycerX
5 years ago#8
Agree on the indie remark. MS has no clue how much profit they'd see if they just threw those stinkin numbers into the mix.

User Info: headwounds13

headwounds13
5 years ago#9

Agree on the indie remark. MS has no clue how much profit they'd see if they just threw those stinkin numbers into the mix.

I have enough trouble finding decent indies games without wading through a sea of crap selling gamerscore for a dollar.
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif

User Info: liquidblue4

liquidblue4
5 years ago#10

Why don't you just quit being petty and buy games anyway... you know, to play them.

children...
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Achievements on Original Xbox games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived