This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't stream music from my PC to the in-game Music Library in the 360

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I can't stream music from my PC to the in-game Music Library in the 360

User Info: galfasanta1111

galfasanta1111
6 years ago#1
It is annoying. I have Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12, also Windows Media Center. I have Windows Media Center set up completely to the 360, but I can only play music in Windows Media Center itself and not while playing a game, which is completely useless altogether for me. My Computer and 360 are right next to each other, I have over 2000 songs on my computer an don't want to have to rip them to the hard drive.

In "Music Library" in the dashboard I go down to my Computers name which should be where I can stream my computers music library, but no tracks appear. What should I do? In WMP 12 under the "stream section" I have "Allow Internet Access to my Home Media" and "Automatically allow devices to play my media" ticked, I have the 360 set to "allowed" but the track still don't appear on the 360.

User Info: TheMuffin

TheMuffin
6 years ago#2
Stop using Media Center. It's a pile of crap and a resource hog. Try something like TVersity instead.
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
6 years ago#3
^ that. Though with TVersity you are allowing anybody on your network to view what you are streaming. Just FYI. That could be... uncomfortable lmfao. But I only stream music because I'm not a perv.
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mention this once before?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I can't stream music from my PC to the in-game Music Library in the 360

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived