This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Widescreen and Xbox Originals

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Widescreen and Xbox Originals

User Info: Doom2006

Doom2006
6 years ago#1
For some reason, when I put in both Battlefront 1 and Amped 2, the games are displayed to fit my widescreen TV, but when I put in Soul Calibur 2, it becomes a square again. Why is this?

I noticed that SC2 supports 'HDTV 720p' on the back of the box, but it fails to do it.

For the record my 360 is hooked up via HDMI, 1080p.
GT: WelcomedDread
"We walk by a shoe store and it's like a fly going to a fly zapper." - mario_pot about his girlfriend

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
6 years ago#2
Depends on the game. My Psychonauts and Shenmue II aren't widescreen :( but DooM3 is.
If digital distribution is the future of video games, then the future can f*** itself.

User Info: TantrumBull

TantrumBull
6 years ago#3
SC2 never went full widescreen even when I play it on the xbox. I'm guessing the game just doesn't support it even though some people have said it does.
I was supposed to use a pendulum to knock over a tower in Sonic '06 but I had Silver use a wooden box instead and it came down as though a missile hit it.

User Info: Doom2006

Doom2006
6 years ago#4
Which is weird... isn't 720p by its very nature a 16:9 ratio'd resolution?
GT: WelcomedDread
"We walk by a shoe store and it's like a fly going to a fly zapper." - mario_pot about his girlfriend

User Info: stapler87

stapler87
6 years ago#5
Not all XBOX1 games support widescreen. The GTA's and Battlefronts do. But Psychonauts, for example, doesn't.
"I have to return some videotapes!" - Patrick Bateman
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Widescreen and Xbox Originals

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived