This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you go back to games of yore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How often do you go back to games of yore?

User Info: Anngwish

Anngwish
6 years ago#1
Do you find yourself playing more and more games that are released now, or picking up less games and retro gaming more often?
Daisy...Daisy...Give me your ansssweerrss doooo-Hal 9000
I SUPPORT THE REAPERS! Cheers to the destruction of organic life.

User Info: takidigits2005

takidigits2005
6 years ago#2
I'm currently playing only current games, but I can always fall back on older games if I choose to.
"You know I can't play without a GUI -TAR string, n-n-n-n-n-nephew!!!" --- Uncle Pecos

User Info: sharksfan7

sharksfan7
6 years ago#3
I play mostly new games, but when I beat or get bored of those I often go back to older games. For example, I started a new character on KOTOR yesterday because I want to take a break from Halo: Reach and have beat the rest of my RPGs.

User Info: SquallWindblade

SquallWindblade
6 years ago#4
I almost never go back to older games. I don't have the time or the patience to go back to games I beat years ago when I have new ones to beat.
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.

User Info: darkhorse723

darkhorse723
6 years ago#5
I go back alot since that's how I escape the glut of first person shooting these days. it's all the same.

User Info: xbliveGaminTeen

xbliveGaminTeen
6 years ago#6

I'm currently playing only current games, but I can always fall back on older games if I choose to.

Pretty much this. While I am trying to beat about 4 games in the next few weeks, I am itching to play some PS2 and N64 games.
Spurs: Offseason Broncos: Offseason USC: Offseason
XBL: TatJballa

User Info: davepesc

davepesc
6 years ago#7
Lately, it's been all modern, but I've got a PS2, Genesis, TG-16, 2600, and Dreamcast at the ready along with other systems just a plug-in away!
"**** you'll thats all you mofos know how to do iss pick on people cause there typeing **** this site" DarkAssAssIn051

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
6 years ago#8
What I like to do is to play several short under 10 hour games, then get into a 50+ rpg. I just replayed Final Fantasy 9 on my PS1 and finished it at 60 hours. That game is extremely beautiful for a 2 gen old game.

User Info: buddhamonster

buddhamonster
6 years ago#9
I've got mostly all of the past systems (NES, SNES, GENESIS, PS1/2, N64, etc.), and tons of games on each. While I tend to stick to the modern stuff on the 360, I still find myself dusting off one of the old consoles and popping in a classic every now and then.
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!

User Info: GM_

GM_
6 years ago#10
SquallWindblade posted...
I almost never go back to older games. I don't have the time or the patience to go back to games I beat years ago when I have new ones to beat.

What can you possible spend more time playing new?
Most new games this gen suck quite a bit actually.
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How often do you go back to games of yore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived