This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I really need to sign on Gold Membership to access Netflix?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do I really need to sign on Gold Membership to access Netflix?

User Info: NoPointMade

NoPointMade
6 years ago#1
or is there a way to circumvent that?

User Info: Iceman83

Iceman83
6 years ago#2
Use another device?
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

User Info: Rip_Van_WinkleX

Rip_Van_WinkleX
6 years ago#3
No. When Netflix first started streaming to the consoles they only had the 360 to work with. Since Microsoft had a monopoly over it, they forced the users to be gold membership.

I used to use the xbox since the wife watched netflix all the time. Though since I bought a PS3 I got rid of the gold membership since I rarely played online and we were only using it to watch Netflix. Bad investment.
GamerTag: RipVanWinkleX

NoPointMade
6 years ago#4
Rip_Van_WinkleX posted...
No. When Netflix first started streaming to the consoles they only had the 360 to work with. Since Microsoft had a monopoly over it, they forced the users to be gold membership.

I used to use the xbox since the wife watched netflix all the time. Though since I bought a PS3 I got rid of the gold membership since I rarely played online and we were only using it to watch Netflix. Bad investment.

Well I got rid of the gold membership in favor of PS3 online too but I'm still playing some exclusives single player games on 360. I wish there's more use for it.

so PS3 and even 3DS had Netflix free and I can't access it on this machine??? Man, that sucks.

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
6 years ago#5

I welcome Microsoft to today. There is absolutely no reason why you have to pay to use a service you're already paying for. This is one of the stupidest things associated with the 360. TC, if you own a PS3, Wii, 3DS, or any other device capable of using Netflix, go with that.
If you're using the term "Deus Ex Machina" in your post, you're probably using it wrong.

NoPointMade
6 years ago#6
CronoDyne posted...

I welcome Microsoft to today. There is absolutely no reason why you have to pay to use a service you're already paying for. This is one of the stupidest things associated with the 360. TC, if you own a PS3, Wii, 3DS, or any other device capable of using Netflix, go with that.

yeah I was already doing Netflix on PS3 and 3DS. I'm just trying to find ways on how I could use this box more (because it only plays games right now and just sits in my basement).

User Info: chocoboblue99

chocoboblue99
6 years ago#7
NoPointMade posted...

I'm just trying to find ways on how I could use this box more (because it only plays games right now and just sits in my basement).

That's all I do with my xbox. I am a gold member, but I don't watch netflix with my xbox because I don't like to. So, all I do is play games with it. lol

User Info: natevines

natevines
6 years ago#8
Just stream on PC and have your PC connected to your TV.

That's what I would do if I didn't have gold
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman

User Info: Rip_Van_WinkleX

Rip_Van_WinkleX
6 years ago#9
natevines posted...
Just stream on PC and have your PC connected to your TV.

That's what I would do if I didn't have gold

I would of done that, but because the room is situated it's hard to move the computer to the hdtv. Even then I would not get true HD because I have to use a VGA to connect to the tv.
GamerTag: RipVanWinkleX

User Info: Renamon

Renamon
6 years ago#10
I dunno what the point in this topic even is. When you go to load the netflix app under a Silver account, you get a message saying you need Gold. So how was that not obvious enough?
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do I really need to sign on Gold Membership to access Netflix?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived